Please Prayers Needed

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Carol, what a tragedy. Prayers to your son to help him get through this and to Adam's family and your family in this trying time.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
carolcat - i'm so sorry to hear that! i'll be praying for Michael as well as Adam's family - it's got to be hard on him, too.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a reminder to all families of student sons and daughters to make sure they REALLY know what is going on. Too many young people cannot cope with the stress of it all, and Christmas is an added burden that they cannot face. Sadly this is one of the commonest times of the year for this to happen. Even if you are sure that your children know you love them, take extra time to talk with them and try to unearth any deep worries or feelings of inadequacy. Reassure them. It is tough, being a freshman and living up to your families' expectations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank everyone for their thoughtfulness and support during this busy holiday time. Adams funeral is today. Please continue to keep his family and friends in your prayers during this horrible time. Thank you so much.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

This is a reminder to all families of student sons and daughters to make sure they REALLY know what is going on. Too many young people cannot cope with the stress of it all, and Christmas is an added burden that they cannot face. Sadly this is one of the commonest times of the year for this to happen. Even if you are sure that your children know you love them, take extra time to talk with them and try to unearth any deep worries or feelings of inadequacy. Reassure them. It is tough, being a freshman and living up to your families' expectations.
My thoughts, too. A few years ago, one of my students committed suicide on Christmas Eve, and every year I think of Michael and all the lost promise of his life. My heart goes out to your son, and Adam's family.