Please pray for Tuxie... it doesn't look like he's going to make it.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh Laurie! I've got tears of joy just from reading this!!!

Go Tuxie!!! What a little fighter you are!! You know, maybe everything he put Gary through as a kitten was just a test to make sure that he had as much resolve and fight as Tuxie does himself.
What a special little guy!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWESOME!!! Just Awesome!! WTG, Tuxie boy! What a terrific little guy you are!. So pleased, Laurie...there really aren't words... but we try, eh?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is wonderful to read some good news this morning! I am so happy for you and Tuxie. May he live long and happy!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news, Laurie! When I saw there were new posts here, I was almost afraid to look, but I'm glad I did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well - we truly did get our miracle! Apparently this long-acting time release steroid injection (depomedril? Spelling????) is what he needed. We were back every week for a bit there - but then stretched it out to two, last time three - and now four weeks before we need to visit the vet.

Tuxedo is up to 10 pounds 15 ounces!!!!!!!!!! He looks almost a little chubby. But at our last visit (yesterday) to the Doc, he said not to worry about it yet - we'll see where things stand at the end of September.

Tuxedo's hematocrit yesterday was 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He obviously feels great. He hunts down and "tortures" Spooky at least once a day. He puts down without any trouble any advances on his alpha-ship by Sheldon. He plays with Ming Loy constantly (although it does get hard to tell if they're playing or fighting sometimes - there's lots of growling on her part, even though she always starts it - but never ears back).

He is leaping and bounding everywhere. He is so full of energy, we have to play with him any free time we've got - and we have to make a point of having time to play with him a minimum of each morning and twice each evening/night. He'll leap three feet in the air to catch a furry mouse.

And though he's pretty much a terror to the other cats, he is the sweetest most loving guy with Gary and I. He is Mr. headbutt. And he used to be able to take about three strokes of pets - now he LOVES being brushed as well, and we can go 15 minutes before he puts his paw out to stop. We've even petted his tummy once or twice before he freaked out with overstimulation.

I just wanted to thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers through his illness. Though they still don't know what the problem is, apparently this steroid is suppressing whatever was causing his bone marrow not to function when prednisone stopped working.

So - thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Our little miracle boy isn't so little anymore! He's aggressive and active - and loving life. It brings our hearts so much joy every time we see him.