please pray for my LEO! He has critical anemia!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leo jumped on the counter to drink water for the first time tonight since he got sick!!
(before who would jsut sit near the counter meowing, cause he couldn't jump, and I'd pick him up.....)

just had to share that with all of you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cookie

.....There has been a decrease in the abnormal cells!!!!!!!! (what we were hoping for!)

He also said there are other positive (good) changes in his blood!!!!!! (didn't expect this!)

and he thinks it is worth continuing the treatment!.....
WAY TO GO LEO!!!!

OMG Anita, I am SO happy for you and Leo! That is FABULOUS FABULOUS news! I am so relieved for you two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuxie's OK. His nose isn't as pink as it was, and he's still playing, but not as active as he was. Could just be the hot weather - we're hoping. The Leukeran is only given every other week. He started it last week. We're taking him in tomorrow for weekly blood work. Doc didn't want us back for two weeks, but Gary's too worried. He wants to make sure that without the Epogen he's still producing red blood cells and his count hasn't fallen off the map - because it had fallen from 28 to 23 the week before.

We've got our fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm just so happy for you and Leo - that is really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How's Leo doing? I keep him in my prayers and think about him all the time......

Tuxedo's on the Leukeran, which he receives three pills every other week. His PCV had fallen to 21, his red blood cell count had fallen to 4.0 . We had him tested last week - one week after his first dose. His PCV was up to 31!!!!!!!! and his red blood cell count had risen to 5.04!!!!! He more active than he's ever been
- but to the point of being a problem, which I'm going to post about in the behavior forum!

feralwhisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

How's Leo doing? I keep him in my prayers and think about him all the time......

Tuxedo's on the Leukeran, which he receives three pills every other week. His PCV had fallen to 21, his red blood cell count had fallen to 4.0 . We had him tested last week - one week after his first dose. His PCV was up to 31!!!!!!!! and his red blood cell count had risen to 5.04!!!!! He more active than he's ever been
- but to the point of being a problem, which I'm going to post about in the behavior forum!
LDG I don't know what these PCV and blood count number should be but I'm saying a prayer Tuxedo's numbers go to the normal range and he stays healthy. I'm also saying a prayer for Leo.

Fern