Please pray for Muskrat to come home safely.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nhlee529

Muskrat is home, safe and sound now!! OMG, it's a miracle!! Thanks to every one for the ideas and support! Everybody here is so awesome and amazing!!

I went out to check on Muskrat early AM, still saw her on the edge of the roof every hour until 4:30AM. She still wouldn't jump then. I left some salmon flavored fancy feast by the bottom of the tree for her and dry food by my door. I was so tired and dozed off until 6AM when some light started to come through. Something woke me up and I jumped up to dash out to check on Muskrat again and surprise, surprise... once I opened my front door, my fat fur ball ran straight into my apartment!! I was shocked~ in the best way possible. I guess she's smarter than I thought! Muskrat looks OK, except for her muddy paws. She must have just gotten herself down and ran directly up the stairs to my apartment when I opened the door because both the canned and dry food were untouched. And, she was extremely hungry!

I fed my fatty (and she ate so much!), cleaned her paws, brushed her fluffy hair, hugged her for a while and now she's resting in her pad. I am so relieved that somehow she was able to came down on her own. No idea if she jumped off the building or climbed down from the tree... But I think she's OK, no sprains. Now I can catch some Zs...so can my other 2 fur babies. I've kept them up all night too!

Thanks very much everyone!! You gave my more support than family and friends here!! Really really appreciate it!!!
Yay Muskrat, good girl!!!

Keep a very close eye on her though, not to be a doom sayer, but cats mask pain very well. Do a body check every few hours, when you all wake back up. Get much needed sleep all of you.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can show you plenty of videos of firemen getting cats down to prove that it DOES happen, even if not where you live. Policies differ, of course.

Here's one:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank goodness!
Good job little girl - don't you scare your meowmy like this again!

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Yay Muskrat, good girl!!!

Keep a very close eye on her though, not to be a doom sayer, but cats mask pain very well. Do a body check every few hours, when you all wake back up. Get much needed sleep all of you.
Wonderful news!!! Way to go, Muskrat!!!

Trillcat had a good thought here. Check Muskrat's legs and paws by pressing on them gently - look for signs of discomfort or pain. I agree that watching her carefully for the next few days is a good idea, just to rule out any injury she may have suffered while getting herself off the roof. From your description, though, chances are your little adventurer is fine.

There's no place like home, Muskrat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I can show you plenty of videos of firemen getting cats down to prove that it DOES happen, even if not where you live. Policies differ, of course.

Here's one:

Great video! Muskrat kind of looks like that kitty! It's great that they were able to help the kitty, unlike my city.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for good vibes everyone! Both Muskrat and I are rested, we all slept for a full 8 hours! Actually, Muskrat slept more. She's doing good. I will keep a close eye on her in case she might have injured herself. So far, she's feeling ok... I think she knows now home is the best place to be at!

Yea, what an adventure! Worrying about kitties is definitely no fun!! Happy now.

Thanks again!!