Please pray for a friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you again everyone.

Tonight was the first of many, many memorials. I was shocked, over 400 people showed up to pay their respects. We took over the corner where he was hit. It took 4 cops and 2 cop cars to control the situation. His parents came, which was the hardest part for everyone. Hearing them talk and cry was heart wrenching. Most of the people are going to the bar where he was a bar back for more tributes and memorials. I don't have the strength to go. My DH and I decided to just come home and spend it together, have a few drinks in his honor and just reflect on his life. We are all still in shock. I have cried so much I don't think I can cry anymore.

I just have to say if you have kids and they ride bikes or skateboars or rollerblades, MAKE THEM WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just not worth it. Do what ever it takes to make them wear one. Seeing Atips parents tonight and the pain they had for having to bury their 22 year old son , it's just not worth it. Hearing his dad ask for one more day, the chance to take him home and hold him one more time, god make them wear one. Atip may still be alive, he may not be able to walk or function fully but he would be alive. If anything be selfish do it so you don't have to bury your child.

I will post this later this week, the news and paper will both be doing a story on Atip and how important a helmet is. Hopefully this will help make some changes happen. MAKE YOUR KIDS WEAR HELMETS, NO MATTER WHAT Don't set yourself up to have to say goodbye.

RIP Atip Ouypron 3.28.86-7.19.08

May you ride forever. We love you and will miss you. Your smile was electifying and contagious.

ATIP

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry your friend died.
My friend died on a bike even though he had a helmet on.
We used to have to go buy were he died before we moved here.
They still put flowers were it happened.
I feel so bad for your friends family

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, hon. Bless you for trying to spread the word about safety... maybe with the help of some of those 400 people, you can make a difference.