TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would you look at HIM~ Just beautiful!

zinc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that that coat would be called marble tabby? I understood mackerel was the one that resembles a fish skeleton seen from above, AKA classic tabby.
Among the feral cats we care for there are a clasic tabby, a spotted tabby (stripes are broken and looks as it had spots though not as well spaced as a Bengal, tummy is orange)
And what I call a marble tabby, just like the cute baby above..or is marble reserved for Bengals only? (I really don't know so you please enlighten me)
Abt that pattern in red isn't that called a marmalade cat?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the Classic tabby is the marbled pattern.
The mackerel tabby is the tiger stripe or fish bone.
The spotted tabby is well, spotted.
The ticked tabby is agouti.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zinc

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that that coat would be called marble tabby? I understood mackerel was the one that resembles a fish skeleton seen from above, AKA classic tabby.
Among the feral cats we care for there are a clasic tabby, a spotted tabby (stripes are broken and looks as it had spots though not as well spaced as a Bengal, tummy is orange)
And what I call a marble tabby, just like the cute baby above..or is marble reserved for Bengals only? (I really don't know so you please enlighten me)
Abt that pattern in red isn't that called a marmalade cat?
That is a classic tabby. Only bengals have the marble pattern.