Please help

kimmore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was petting my cat (female 9months) and felt something hard, i looked between her hair and i found something like a dry patch as seen in the picture, and hair falling out of it (I'm sorry but i really don't know how to explain it). Please does anyone know what is this?
Screenshot_2023-03-06-14-27-28-91.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no idea what that might be. But, between it being a dry patch and hair coming out, she could be scratching that area because it is itchy. Since it is just the one spot, it could be from some sort of injury that is trying to heal. But it could be a form of fungus or other bacterial issue.

Does she go outside at all? Have you checked your other cat for similar spots? Any place that she has been where she could have scraped her back on something?

You could try a home remedy using chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so. It is not a cure, but if this is a onetime injury, it could help to heal it up.

If it doesn't clear up soon, spreads on her, or to your other cat, you should have it checked out by a vet. You could also send a pic to your vet to see what they think.