Please help ☹️

oBAMBii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if this is where to post but....

My cat is Bella a almost 7 year old (spayed) female. The past couple weeks I noticed her hair on her lower belly and thighs thinning. Yesterday I noticed one of her nipples was reddish and had a white/yellow leakage from it. Doesn’t seem to hurt her. But I’m nervous about it. I changed her food from blue buffalo sensitive stomach (it made her throw up more than 3 times a week. And daily for the last week of use) to Authority ss/d. She was on that for a month and a half. Yesterday we started to change her to Nulo. We thought maybe the authority may have gave her a reaction. I don’t know. Here’s a picture. If you have any thoughts or have seen it before let me know. Thanks in advance.
B6AA5E92-3C22-4F83-AA44-9F3B0A0D9153.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
DO you have access to a good vet? When I began as cat owner and online advisor, we had to search for suspicious food allergies by try and error, eliminating one food after another. And it would take months.
But several years ago they come into diagnostic tricks, nowadays they can take quick test what its they are allergic for.

Also, it CAN be something else than an food allerghy. Especielly this with fluids from nipple may be alarming.

All in all, a check up by a vet whom is knowleable on cats is highly advisable. You dont need to run to an Emergency vet, but do it soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the discharge is not normal, but being clear is more indicative of an injury or allergy. It could also be caused by overlicking the area, it looks like a red area at the base. Definitely have a vet check it out. Thinning hair usually means recessive grooming from itchiness or some other abnormal reason, it could all be very well from allergies. Try to find a good food for allergies and see how that goes. Some foods are better than others and it is hard to find one that works. Gradually change and see if it makes her worse or better, you are doing all you can right now. Check the ingredients and switch to one that is different.