Please Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this kitten of my cousin is ill and very weak and i don't know the reason i will show you a picture hopping you to tell me what shall we do to help this little poor thing survive :(((((((

THANKS

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Furballsmom Furballsmom said, smear some honey or kyro syrup on his gums. Be advised, this is only a 'band-aid' and he needs to see a vet. It's possible he's not getting enough milk from mom, you may have to supplement. If the vet says this is the case, the best recipe I have found is 1 part KMR to 3 parts goats milk. Raw is best, but processed (store bought) will work also. Be sure to weigh him everyday so you can keep tabs on his progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
IT HELPED ALOTTTT JUSTT waiting for water to cool to make it HM pedialyte..
i put honey on its gum imdiateley before posting here and the kitten started to move more.. lets hope for the good
i will keep ya updated what happens next
TYVN AGIN^^

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As Furballsmom Furballsmom said, smear some honey or kyro syrup on his gums. Be advised, this is only a 'band-aid' and he needs to see a vet. It's possible he's not getting enough milk from mom, you may have to supplement. If the vet says this is the case, the best recipe I have found is 1 part KMR to 3 parts goats milk. Raw is best, but processed (store bought) will work also. Be sure to weigh him everyday so you can keep tabs on his progress.
u gave me the answer
it has not got enough milk from mom T_T

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Be sure and keep it warm too, a heating pad if you have one, set on low with a couple of towels over it so it isn't overly hot, or even a sock partly filled with dry rice and gently heated in the microwave - touch it to your own skin first, and the sock's heat will have to be maintained

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Be sure and keep it warm too, a heating pad if you have one, set on low with a couple of towels over it so it isn't overly hot, or even a sock partly filled with dry rice and gently heated in the microwave - touch it to your own skin first, and the sock's heat will have to be maintained
wow thanks for the new guide - rice stuffed socks it cuutely works haha
welll can i not finish the home-made pedialyte 1ml every half hour for two hours
cuz after feeding the kitten from this for once it looks like hes hungry and started to react as panting his paws and like moving his mouth looking for nipples... something like that...

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well
im sorry
the kitten died laying on his warmed bed made of warm rice socks TT-TT
we tried our besttt but....
sad end...
or maybe it was the best for him :(:(:(

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose it was OK but suddenly collapsed? As the death come less than 2 hours after your alarm to us.
If it wasnt just an occasionally lack of blood sugar (this honey helps) - it was serious ill. Not sure even a good vet could do much...

RIP little one.

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP ya
his so tiny swallowed face and eyes looking were telling death... even though i was hoping it survives but well too unlucky :c

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I'm thinking, that with him getting no milk he also didn't get any colostrum. Without this, he had 0% chance of survival. In foals, without colostrum it is 100% fatal within 24-48 hours. ( I bred horses, not cats).
You did what you could. Unfortunately, it is sad.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry! You did your best, and the little one had warmth and love. Thank you :rbheart:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site Team, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hearthrob: Threads like this are closed after such a loss as a sign of respect. Please consider starting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum if you feel up to it.

Rest in Peace little one. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.