Please Help

Lolo.27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cat had her babies 2 weeks early one has survived, I’m on day 14 but she dosnt gaine any weight
She’s developing but dosnt gain weight dosnt loose weight my vet gave her a fluid shot and basically told me nothing more can be done than what I’m doing but I’m hoping someone here may have a suggestion,
I attached a pic of her at birth and now

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What food sre you giving? How much every day? How much did he weigh at birth and now?

Can you get raw. Goats milk? Lolo.27 Lolo.27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lolo.27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had her on kmr and she refused to eat so I order kitten milk replacer from Heneryspets and miricale nipples
At birth she weight 65 grams but went to 50 in the matter of a couple hours.
Tonight day 14 she weighs 54.4

She was eating 1ml every hour but she wanted to eat more so I switched went 1.5 ml every 90 min to 2 ml every 2 hours and she could still want to keep eating but her belly ends up looking like it’s going to explode....

Can I add goats milk to formula or should I feed on it’s own?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
1 ml a hour or 2 every two hours is the same, its no increase. So try to increase the total day amount, even if the tummy gets biggy.

Raw goats milk is OK on its own, but some do mix KMR and goats milk.
If you use 1 part KMR and 2 part water, the alternative is 1 part KMR and 3 part goats milk.
If you dont have raw goats milk but powdered or canned, its OK to use, but really dont better than a good KMR.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is still the size of a premature newborn kitten. She needs a minimum of 14-15mLs of formula per day right now. Continue to feed what she will take every 1-2 hours.

Is the milk warm when feeding? Is the kitten staying warm?

This is touch and go due to her small size. It’s a miracle she is still alive! This is going to take time for her to slowly catch up.

How is the mama cat doing? Have you spayed her yet?

Last edited: