Please Help

tuesahir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all
I’m new to this and need desperate help
My cat missy is 2 years old,neutered and vaccines done , also flee n worm free. She started to pee on clothing months ago, vets suggested she has a urine infection so gave a lot of antibiotics. She still continued to do so. So took her back they gave the same antibiotics but for a two week long period but she’s still weeing on clothes ect. Her litter is clean and changed everyday emptied every week sometimes twice. She’s never done this before also she has started hissing at me which she’s never done. Eating as normal drinks as normal and wees and poos normal ? Any help I’m lost please

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is well known that cats like peeing on clothes, both cause they kind of smell like you and because they can be kneaded beneath their claws (cats like that because it gives them the illusion of burying the waste). Kittens and sick cats being most vulnerable to this, and you had a sick cat. Now you have (I assume) a healthy cat that has a habit. The solution is pretty simple...break the habit by not leaving your dirty clothes/laundry accessible. I know that may be easier said than done, but there is no other way to break a habit.

You said "etc" so I'll note that if the kitty is going on the floor or bed, you must use an enzyme cleaner or the smell will encourage repeats. If the kitty is going on something like a bath mat (another frequent location of accidents), break the habit by temporarily removing.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, pick up any clothes or anything with your scent on it. If a healthy cat starts doing this there is usually two reasons. One they don't like the litter/box they are supposed to go in, did either of these get change? Or two, she is stressed out about something. Any changes in the household, company, new pets, etc? There could be a new cat taht she can see/smell outside. You can use clear plastic carpet runner with teh nub side up to keep her from spots she favors, it works very well. If you must leave your clothes laying around, try to get in the habit of throwing them in a closed closet.

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, "if" the cat is ill, another vet might be a solution. I had one that I trusted but when my cat got real sick he showed his incompetence. Two specialilsts couldn't help her and only another day to day vet I went to came up with the common sense ideas to run tests, have bacterial and fungal cultures done which then returned the type of antibiotics that would work on my cat.
So one advice whenever someone suspects an illness and their vet can't help is, try another one