Please help!!

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Kora, is pregnant. I have no clue how far along she is because was an outside cat because she was always too scared to stay in the house because of my dog and little brothers. We were planning on getting her spayed this spring break which is 2 weeks away. My mom realized she was pregnant about 2 weeks ago because her stomach was bigger than usual and her nipples were bigger and pink. Her 2 back nipples have a somewhat sag to them but that's the only ones. I've noticed that she would eat about 8-12 times a day so i always kept food available. I've confined her to my room since it's dim lighted and quiet. The past 3 days she hasn't really ate much and today i boiled some chicken to give her and she ate very very little when she would usually go crazy over it. She seems skiddish around me when i'm near her food so i left her alone and she still wouldn't eat. Also, she's had bad gas and has been burping more than usual. She is a small cat and her belly isn't huge or anything but i was wondering if she was close to giving birth? The other night she wouldn't stop meowing but she stopped the next day. I checked her temp about a week ago and it was 99.3 but nothing happened. I checked her temp again today at it was 100.1. Also, she sits by my door sometimes and tries to get out but i really don't want her to because of my dog and brothers. If i keep her in my room, would she hold off her labor until she finds a perfect nest? I made a birthing box with one of my blankets and she doesn't seem to like it.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your room sounds perfect, quiet away from dogs or disturbances. No matter what

outdoor cats hate being imprisoned so good for you able to keep her in now.

Yes Queen mom's eat allot!

Are you able to deworm her?  Vets have tablets, meds are different for dogs.

Welcome to the site other posters will help you detect how far along she actually is...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is not feeling well. What cat food are you feeding her? Can you get her looked at by a vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Purina Kitten food and she gets 1 can of wet food a day but she did eat the chicken! Also, i was watching some kitten care videos and they were whining and meowing and she was going crazy trying to find the kittens so i turned it off so she wouldn't get stressed. But i just saw a kitten move for the first time! I think she's just a little tired, she hasn't been sleeping well!

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dewormed her when she was a baby. My neighbors found her under a shed and she had 2 wolf worms in her neck :( Can you deworm a cat during pregnancy? She's been laying in bed with me for the past hour and i got to see a kitten move for the first time!

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, her belly has gotten bigger and hard in the past 2 days. Should i be concerned?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bellies get harder towards the end of pregnancy. And yes, cats can be de-wormed during pregnancy. Her diet sounds good. She may not be as hungry some days as others since she is not getting much exercise.

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: Kora has been laying on my rug all day. She hasn't ate or drank much or at all. She isn't sleeping but she's breathing kind of harder than usual. Her temp is 101.4. Do temps always drop before labor? Is she okay? This is her first pregnancy. When i pick her up to love on her, she meows weirdly and won't purr like normal.

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, i could feel her babies very easily last night and now i can't that well. I'm so worried. This is my first time as well as hers.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is in labor. She is exhibiting all the normal signs. Try to sit with her and offer quiet reassurance. It could be a few more hours. Do you have a nest ready?

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes but she doesn't like it at all. She prefers my fuzzy white rug. But her temp hasn't dropped? Does her temp have to drop for her to be in labor?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, temperature is not a reliable indicator regarding labor.

You'll want to move the kittens to the nest after they are born.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Let her give birth where she is comfortable. It's best not to disturb her if possable. You will know babies are coming when her contractions start.

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm letting her be. Ill get a new rug if i have to. I have some towels nearby just in case.

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. Thank you!!! You've helped me so much!!!

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: All day yesterday Kora was laying on my rug, wouldn't eat or drink or use the bathroom. Around 3 AM she finally used the bathroom and laid on the bed with me. She's eating a little today but she's a lot more active. She's been grooming a little more and meowing some too. She started producing milk last night and she had some greenish brownish crust around her vagina.

ashtyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope. I thought they were starting last night but it was just her burping a lot.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she lost part of her mucus plug and her hormones are gearing up for labor soon! [emoji]128077[/emoji]