Please help

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are the kittens? I would think at this point it's ok to let her into the house sometimes and keep the kittens contained. They should not be allowed to wander anywhere that isn't kitten proofed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahrose28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are just over 3 weeks, for the past few weeks I've let the mother come out of my room where they were when she wanted to and she'd spend anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour out walking around the house but I don't let her outside because she still needs to be spayed.

It's only the last day or two she wants to bring them out. A couple of days ago the baby's began walking out of my room after her if she left and now she wants to keep bringing them out. I've allowed her to bring them out for a bit now but I'm sitting with them and supervising and I'll take them back into my room when I go back in. I'm trying to just let her follow her own instincts but she was a very neglected kitten and there's times when she does need some help, which is the only time I do step in. I'm not sure what brought on her want to bring them out, maybe it's because they were walking out after her but I don't really know how to kitten proof the loungeroom where she wants them as my parents don't seem to understand why it's not safe for them to be left in there unsupervised so any advice on what I can explain to them about what needs to happen would be greatly appreciated because I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle right now.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're right about everything you're doing. Great job being an advocate!

I think you need to calmly explain what could happen if the dogs decided they were food. Also explain what they could claw, what they could eat, where they could get stuck, etc. There are so many hazards!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahrose28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will do, thank you for all your help :)