Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Meant fade as a nice way of saying dieing because all 3 died at around roughly 5pm but all seems well today no crying or wondering around away from mum just climbing all over her and fighting over nipples lol so all looks well fingers crossed I'll keep you posted

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

so I too think.  but Kstonya got scared by the word fading...
I Meant fade as a nice way of saying dieing because all 3 died at around roughly 5pm but all seems well today no crying or wondering around away from mum just climbing all over her and fighting over nipples lol so all looks well fingers crossed I'll keep you posted
Oh, I see, so it WAS fading you were talking, but you meant two different trios.

One whom faded and died, and the other fully of live and proceeding according to plan.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, three had died previously but three bigger kittens are alive and doing well now.

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes correct :)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I was taking the word fading as maybe going down hill (dying) I am glad the 3 remaining kittens are doing well. Thanks Stefan for correcting the scissors as my human birthing was getting in the way. We always use sharp scissors to cut human cords as they are so big. Have you weighed the 3 kittens and checked them? Normally when the kittens nurse the mommy will stimulate the bowels so the kittens do not get constipated.

Please update us on the progress.

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All is well and we are putting them in a bigger box tomorrow as they are getting that big she is struggling to lie down

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you weighed the kittens yet as they are so big you would want to make sure they are gaining closer to 10g aday.

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have any scales and have no money to buy any at the moment

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK do you have a measuring tape? or string with a marker? Measuring your kittens is not an exact way but if you have several lengths of string and or a cloth measuring tape you can make a note of their sizes. If you do not have a flexible tape (cloth tape) but a yard stick or something like that then by measuring with a string around the belly of the kittens and the nose to tail for each kitten will get some way to see if they are gaining.

How have the kittens been doing? are their tummies round and no crying looking for a teat?

Last edited:

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks for the tip and yes they are plump and no crying until mum moves to eat or disturbs them they are doing well I'm happy to think we are out of the danger zone and the others were premature and is why they were dieing

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Make sure the room temp is not to cold. When I was in Matlock Bath England a number of years ago I remember it could get nippy in the morning an it was summer time there. Room temp at 30c or 80f If you cannot maintain that then having the hot pad and or sock of rice heated at one end of the nest and check them as you can. if they feel cool to your touch then they are to cold they should feel warm in your hand or at least not cold.

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they are warm enough I made them a new big square box today so they all have loads of room too

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for her to be very hyperactive it's been a week after giving birth and she has these 15 minute bursts where she claws the carpets and chases thin air

dmhnuts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's eating about 500g of kitten food a day so probably lol