Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

binkyboo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately it was just too heart wrenching. We decided to have her put down. We all cried and cried. She is in a much better place. Another note does anyone have and good ideas on mama Sable nursing other kitties? We have a young girl who has a farm kitten that her other momma cat doesn't want. I offered Sable because she is such a good mommy and a calm friendly cat. Any tips on how to help with this??

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.    From what you had written recently, it sounds like you made the right choice for Lucky.   Now she will wait for you at the Bridge.

RIP little Lucky.  you were a good brave little girl.    

Mother cats will often accept a foster kitten.   I see you started a new thread about that,  so I will answer there.  

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
RIP little Lucky.

Yes, I think too it was time to let Lucky go.  It was correct to fight on, to see if she would survive and improve.  She was tough and did survived and lived on tx to your help, but didnt really improved.

Your meeting  some healthy kittens of your neighbour, gave you a God sent possibility to look at this whole from another standpoint and other perspective too, to assess, and reassess the situation more clearly.   Lucky didnt got better, and was in pains.

It is OK to suffer pains if it is the price to be better.   But as the understanding becomes clear she isnt really becoming better, and there is no real hope, the pains are not longer meaningsful.

It was brave, and correct of you to come forward to the decision to help her into the last journey.

Earlier you said you were grateful for support from our Forum here, for our advices and encouragement. You asked, How you can repay this??

The best sort of repaying is if you go on and help others. 

You do have this wonderful mommy Sable, who will surely be a nice fostering mom.

YOU yourself had got many invaluable experiences and insights.   You going on and helping, in cooperation with some nice shelter or on your own, will help others.  It will make Luckys sufferings and the long difficult fight for her meaningsfull.  Her sufferings, death, the efforts, will not be in wain!

I will now ask a mod to close off this thread, and this thread will become Luckys "Mausoleum".

If you wish to have another memorial, you can have a thread for her also in our "Crossing the bridge" subforum.

Good luck!
Unfortunately it was just too heart wrenching. We decided to have her put down. We all cried and cried. She is in a much better place. Another note does anyone have and good ideas on mama Sable nursing other kitties? We have a young girl who has a farm kitten that her other momma cat doesn't want. I offered Sable because she is such a good mommy and a calm friendly cat. Any tips on how to help with this??

Last edited:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Lucky did not make it. You made the right decision to let her go. :rbheart:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On behalf of all of us on the Team, we offer our heartfelt sympathy.

When your ready, maybe you would like to start a thread in the Bridge so we can all help the baby to cross over

I'll now close the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.