Please help :(

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Cat Valentina gave birth on May 17 at 1:01am the first born wasn't moving at all :( we tried to help but nothing worked. A couple minutes later she gave birth to the second one fast this one was moving and crying. 50 minutes passed by and she gave birth again but this one also passed away. The one that lived was very small we put a heating pad (on low) to Keep her warm. She was nursing fine. Sadly she passed away 2hours ago :'( now Valentina (mom cat) is starting to meow as she did when she was in Labor! She looks like she is pushing and meows loud and breathes hard! Is it possible she is having another litter?!? If so would they be born alive? :(

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
she may have more, not another litter here, but delivered in its time.  It is probable the first were too early. Kittens dont manage well premature deliveries, unlike humans.

Lets hope it will go better now!

But look out, it may perhaps be a placenta (mothercake) which didnt come out when it should.

Or some difficulties, so keep watch.

To your question: yes, they CAN have two different litters, coming three weeks apart. Not common but happens.  HERE, it is as said, the probable the first were too early, she had a pause, and now comes the rest.

Keep reporting and asking!

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!

ps. be prepared to fight on. if the first died because they were premature, these are also a little early.

Get dextrose (glucose sugar), or at least, honey or white caro syrup.  If they seem to fade, set some on their gum.  And keep them warm as you know.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thank you is there anything else I can do? I don't want her to lose anymore kittens if she has any that is

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Valentina is starting to throw up! Its orange and has green bits in it :( is This normal?

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth to three kittens two days ago two were born dead :'( and The one that lived died today :'(3 my cat is now Throwing up its a solid orange with Bits of Green an. Black in it. Is This normal?!? Please help i'm really scared i dont want to Lose her too :(

ares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mother used to be a registered cat breeding, and having all three kittens die is not really a great sign. She might have been sick while pregnant, or the kittens possibly got the dominant gene of a ressesive one the mother had (Happened to my cat Cleo - she and the stud both had recessive hear illnesses, so the kittens got the dominate one and all died.)

Either way, I would bring her to the vet asap. It's better not to mess around and see if the deaths were due to an illness the mother has, or if it was just bad genetics. I hope she feels better!

ares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Geez, this is what I get for trying to type with a cat half on my computer. I apologizes for all the errors.

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah im going to take her to the vet she seems to be Doing better but i dont want To risk losing her Too and the kittens were premature :(

ares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If they were premature, that can be the cats body telling her there was something wrong with the litter. Bring her to the vet, get her all checked out, and let us know how she's doing. Giving birth and loosing a litter can be very stressful for a cat, so try to keep her as comfortable as possible.

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay i will thank you

cindy31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is doing better the Vet clinic wasnt open but we are taking her tomorrow she isnt Throwing up anymore

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes please do take her first thing in the morning. This could be anything from her trying to deliver more kittens, to trying to deliver the placentas. You need to be certain that she didn't retain anything and is otherwise healthy. 

If there are no more kittens you are going to have to watch her closely for mastitis (infection of the nipples) from her producing milk but it not having anywhere to go. If you are willing to undertake the challenge she may be a prime candidate to be a surrogate mother to an abandoned litter. I would ask your vet about this tomorrow and get their insight, and if so, might start calling some shelters to see if they have a good match for her. 

Please let us know what they say!