Please help

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Dan, I meant to tell you in my first post in this thread but forgot: I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved dog. I know you must be still grieving that loss, which may make you even more anxious to bond with Chloe.

Three weeks is not a very long time, in a cat's ability to adjust and adapt. It really does sound like things are going better, and the bond will come, in time. Just let things happen naturally now. The two of you will get there.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan roth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Otto,

I greatly appreciate the sentiment. Buddy has been gone just over a year and I have had dogs my entire life but I think everyone in their lives has that one animal that absolutely changes their lives and for me that was him. Thanks.

Dan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan roth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I finally had some progress yesterday. I came over and Chloe allowed me to pet her. She even stayed on the bed. After a while she went into my girlfriends roommates room but instead of  scratching all night, she slept with my girl..when I went to sleep on the couch. Today, she allowed me to pet her, kissed me, didnt run away and layed on the bed with us for a while. This is a markedly vast improvement and my girlfriend was very pleased. I am not saying I don't still have a lot furhter to go but its a testament that most of you were right. So thank you P3 and others whose opinions I have greatly appreciated.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news! Every little bit of progress will lead to the next, and most of all, it gives you both confidence.

rockmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree that bathing cats is, in general, unnecessary. I do not agree that Persians and other long haired cats, in general, need monthly bathing. Grooming, absolutely, and some cats, such as Persians may need daily brushing, but cats ARE self cleaning and unless they get into something that they cannot wash off, or it would be dangerous for them to wash off, or they are soiled from illness (uncontrollable diarrhea for example) or in other extreme cases, cats do not need baths.
Agreed!