Please help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystalcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi friends, 

Thank you so much for your help and support! I'm happy to update that Lily is eating and playing and getting into everything! LOL! Rosie her sister seems to be a bit under the weather now :( I found some blood in someones poo poo this morning, not sure who's it is. The girls have an appointment tomorrow morning for a check up but I've brought the fecal sample to the vet already this morning. We should know something by the morning at our appointment. Maybe a parasite? Both are eating well now, though Rosie is a little less energetic this morning. (She's usually greets the day by doing laps in the living room at 40 mph or so) So I guess we will see tomorrow. Sigh... back to the worrying :(

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... :hugs: Yes, as they're recently rescued kitties, this is most likely a parasite. This is SO normal. I'm glad you're getting them to the vet. :nod: Our policy when we rescue (or if we adopted a rescue kitty) is to just automatically go through the parasite treatments. :nod: Round worm is just so common, and it takes a few treatments to ensure it's taken care of. I always recommend three treatments, three weeks apart. Many vets just treat once and recommend only one follow-up (if they remember to send you home with the meds. :rolleyes: ).

Hope that's all it is! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

crystalcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so glad to have found this site! It is so nice to find people with so much knowledge and compassion. It took me years to adopt again. I adopted 2 kittens back in 2002. Brothers, the last 2, couldn't leave one behind. Seems to be the story of my life...lol. Anyway, what I didn't know is both suffered from heart disease. This was not apparent right away. When one was 5 he started having breathing problems. I rushed him to the vet, he had fluid in his lungs. They drained them. I tried everything in my power to save him but we reached a point where nothing helped and he was suffering and I made the heartbreaking decision to let Chris go. My other boy Buddy (He had a heart murmur) seemed to be doing fine, no problems and one day I found him. He was gone. He was 7. I thought I would never have another pet because honestly I was just devastated. My daughter is 5. She begged and begged for a kitty. I wasn't ready. So one day we looked on our local spca web site. She looked at all the kitties waiting for a home and said, we have to go and get one Mommy, they need us. Well now how  could I say no to that? We wanted to take them ALL! One little girl, Lily kept yelling at us. Every time we walked away, we had to come back. She was very persistent! In fact, I believe she chose US! They were both in a cage together, Lily and Rosie. When we took them out they purred like crazy! Almost leaped in our arms...lol. So that decision was made! So now of course we are totally in love with them. They follow me everywhere and literally sleep on top of me. I am so happy to give them a good home, I just worry so much!  

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to have found this site! It is so nice to find people with so much knowledge and compassion. It took me years to adopt again. I adopted 2 kittens back in 2002. Brothers, the last 2, couldn't leave one behind. Seems to be the story of my life...lol. Anyway, what I didn't know is both suffered from heart disease. This was not apparent right away. When one was 5 he started having breathing problems. I rushed him to the vet, he had fluid in his lungs. They drained them. I tried everything in my power to save him but we reached a point where nothing helped and he was suffering and I made the heartbreaking decision to let Chris go. My other boy Buddy (He had a heart murmur) seemed to be doing fine, no problems and one day I found him. He was gone. He was 7. I thought I would never have another pet because honestly I was just devastated. My daughter is 5. She begged and begged for a kitty. I wasn't ready. So one day we looked on our local spca web site. She looked at all the kitties waiting for a home and said, we have to go and get one Mommy, they need us. Well now how  could I say no to that? We wanted to take them ALL! One little girl, Lily kept yelling at us. Every time we walked away, we had to come back. She was very persistent! In fact, I believe she chose US! They were both in a cage together, Lily and Rosie. When we took them out they purred like crazy! Almost leaped in our arms...lol. So that decision was made! So now of course we are totally in love with them. They follow me everywhere and literally sleep on top of me. I am so happy to give them a good home, I just worry so much!  
So glad to read the good news today!  So happy things are working out for you.  I was a little worried about the Clavamox but only because it didn't seem to help Ramsey when he was ill.  I *think* it was MsChaucer that wanted to know if the baby food contained onion.  That is definitely something that one wants to avoid.  So glad things are better!

crystalcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All, Just wanted to update. Both little girls are doing well! They go for a check up in week but I'm guessing both are well over 2 lbs now! Lily has a small hernia and is having surgery on the 28th. Both girls are getting spayed at that time too. Lily is the top photo, then Rosie next and the last...well, they seem to have claimed my 5 year olds Dora couch as their own! It's ok, Tori says she doesn't mind sharing, she's peeking in on the second pic :)

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such cute little babies!!  So very glad, you and your daughter gave them a home!!  

Don't be alarmed about the worms, all kittens have worms, even kittens born to championship show parents, thats just how it is, lol.  Ask your vet about Drontal, it comes in liquid or pill, and without looking it up, I believe they can first be wormed at 6 weeks.  As the other poster said, its best to take in a fecal sample, to see, what they do have, and get the appropiate treatment.