Please Help!!!!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that Gizzie is home and doing so much better!

Did the vet say to give the baby aspirin every day? Usually it's given every 3 days or so...it takes a cat a very long time to metabolise aspirin. Given more often, it will build up in their system, taxing the liver. More info here.

I'll be thinking of you and Gizzie.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't often read this forum because I'm a great big wimp and can hardly bear to hear about kitties suffering... but I came by today and gosh, am I glad your Twinkie is doing better! All the babies in your sig are adorable, but Twinkie's the one who immediately charmed me. What a little beauty!

I wonder, too, about the baby aspirin... seems like a high dose. You might just call and doublecheck on that.

And please give that little girl a smooch for me!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet say to give the baby aspirin every day?
Please double-check with the vet; that seems like quite a dose.
I'm so glad Twinkie is home and feeling better. Sounds as if you're doing a great job nursing her. Hopefully, that temp will stay down. Sending more (((healing vibes))) to your baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would post a quick update on Twinkie. After we brought her home she was doing better and her temp was normal but then two days later the same thing over again. I went back to the vet’s office on Saturday and he gave me injections and fluids administered through IV. I thought I could do it no problem as I have been giving shots to my horses and know how to give shots but after I did it one time I could not do it again. Twinkie is such a trooper she put up with me pocking her and giving her shots. She is just a sweet sweet kitty. Last night she was not doing so good and this morning either so I asked my husband to take her back to the hospital except this time we took her to another clinic where I was taking my dogs too. They asked to keep her for today and will be running more blood test. After seeing the blood test the other vet did they are not so sure it’s Corona virus. They will be running more tests this morning and I should hear from them later today. I am crossing my fingers they will find something else that is treatable and cure our little Twinkie. It’s amazing how strong she has been so far. I think she is a fighter I don’t think she is ready to give up. My husband and I have decided we will do whatever we can to get her back to normal if it’s possible. The bills are piling up but I hope in the long run it’s worth it. As long as she lives and makes it through this I will make me happy and the money won’t be an issue. Yes it’s expensive but man when you love something this much for some reason you don’t think about money. Thank God to our tax return it helps us move forward with Twinkie’s treatments. I still would like to ask you guys to send some prayers and good thoughts Twinkie’s way she really can use them right now. I am waiting impatiently for the vet to call me and will update everyone as I know what’s going on. Thank you all for your support and your kind words.

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh My goodness!

Have just seen this thread, I cant believe what little twinkle has had to go through and you as well!!!

Sending ya loads of hugs and positive vibes

Keep us posted every step of the way

Claire

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that Twinkie is doing better! I think that I understand that you took her to a third vet today? I hope that the news is good from this new vet! I was so sad to read that Twinkie had a relapse after 2 days at home! Prayers go out to your little trooper!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the new vet can diagnose Twinkie's problem and provide a solution. The little girl has been through so much and is fighting so hard to be healthy. Positive thoughts and good health vibes to Twinkie.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poor baby; she's been thru so much in her short little life. It sounds as if you're doing everything you can to figure out what the problem is, and I have to commend you for that. Twinkie is lucky to have you and your husband to care for her. I so hope the vet can get to the root cause of her illness and something can be done for her.
Sending loads of (((healing vibes))) to your little one.

jennyjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sending many healing vibes Twinkie's way! It sounds like you have both been through a very difficult time, and you're doing everything you can. I hope to hear good news soon. Hang in there!