Please HELP ~ WHY DID MY CAT DIE

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll second the idea of a congenital heart/lung condition. If she was born with it, there would have been very little you could do. I'm thinking perhaps, with the suddenness of it, something might have triggered a fatal heart attack--could she have gotten an electrical shock from something, like a chewed electrical cord? How about an allergy (asthma attack)--do cats get those? Or there's the spider bite idea--some of them can cause symptoms like you tell us happened to your cat; and even a non-fatal one could have upset an inborn condition. Whatever it was, your description tells me she died quickly, and was loved while she was alive.

Your last post sounded like you are cheering up a little... I'm glad; I think Wasabi would want you to be happy. Of course you are going to miss her; but you have so many happy memories, and pictures (you can post some here if you like, I promise we will all tell you she is so cute!). I think it's just a matter of time, doing the crying you need to do... Do you have a grave marker for her? I am wondering because a bush or tree planted there, or a painted rock, or even a professionally done little grave marker might be a good place to remember her. It seems like your kitten had a happy life and was very loved; no cat can ask for more.