Please help, what’s wrong with my kittens back legs

Micah81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What’s wrong with my kittens back legs
I don’t think this is normal. We bought him yesterday. Seems to not walk properly. The seller has offered to take him back and claimed they didn’t notice anything wrong. 9 week old Russian blue. Thanks in advance.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, Welcome!

I don't think anything is wrong, although possibly a touch of stiffness? If you'd like, take him to a vet and have him checked out and xrayed before you send him back. He looks like a complete sweetheart and healthy, and it would be better if you can either love him unconditionally knowing he's ok, or not.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a cutie! Looks like a normal, fluffy, pudgy little kitten to me! Cats can have different body types, just like people. I see nothing wrong! Enjoy your new baby!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! He is adorable! Get a vet check but I would keep that sweetheart! I watched the video and heard what I thought was a comment about training him? Not sure but he is still a baby. Some breeders don’t have a lot of time to devote to individual training so I am thinking that if that is part of the concern, give him lots of attention and he should learn just like any baby. I haven’t met him but I already want to hold him and snuggle! I know you invested in him and maybe have not had him long but I bet he already has a place in your heart. ;) Beautiful!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He walks a little stiffly, he does. If he has this the whole time, a good vet check up is wise... Is he able to run and play as most kittens do?

Its of course honest by the seller to take back the kitten if you wish... You decide, if you have already connected, it may be a good idea to keep him anyway. Some stiffness in walking in a home cat isnt the whole world.

Btw, he is surely nice in every way, but I doubt strongly he is a Russian blue, sooner a solid colored domestic, possibly even he will be a "medium hair".