PLEASE help; wasting away-what are we missing?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry - you did everything you could for Ripple. In the end, you offered her the ultimate kindness and took the suffering away from her. As others have said, although times must be so hard right now, focus on the wonderful times and love that you shared with her.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you. You were so good to her and made her life wonderful.

Originally Posted by TiffanyK

First I want to thank everyone for everything. We took her back to the vet this morning and she agreed to try one round of IV fluids (against her better judgement I think, and I didn't want to be more aggressive anyway) but by midday Ripple had shown no improvement; maybe a tiny bit more alert but no change in her ability to stand or walk. She wasn't even able to blink effectively; the vet had to put moistening drops in her eyes. She has lost another six tenths of a pound since the 29th and was only 4.4 pounds today.
With no other options available to her, no improvement in her condition and no way to ease her suffering we did the only thing we thought we could and had her put to sleep. We buried her in my parents' rose garden this evening.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and vibes. I know we did everything we could for her and although I'm OK with it I REALLY miss her a LOT.
Boy, this is hard.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I have been following your thread, but haven't really commented because I was in a similar situation and had to put Molly to sleep within a week of her first test. She also took a sudden drastic turn for the worst. I didn't want you to lose hope. I completely understand what you are going through along with the uncertainty of not really knowing what went wrong. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

RIP Ripple.

Karen

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry to hear that your kitty didn't get better. A few years ago I lost peanut, she was 8, then last winter we lost two little kittens. All three of them are buried next to each other by a big tree next to our house. I cried worse for the kittys than I did at some peoples funerals I have gone to.
{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}} these are hugs for you, I know how much it hurts to go through this stuff. Tom