Please help, Terrified!

cheetor117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wasnt sure where to put this thread, but last night, my cat Gracie started acting strange. She was sitting in one spot, doing nothing but looking around franticly. She wouldnt react to a laser pointer or string like she usaully does. and no matter where i picked her up and put her, she would just sit or stand there looking around franticly. I thought she might have been going blind, but her pupils are still dialating, but i dont know if that means she isnt. as it got later she stared meowing, like in a panic. I woke up this morning and noticed she hadn't eaten any of the food i put out before i want to bed. She was just sitting on the floor, moving to a different spot, franticly looking around. ive been trying to make an appointment with my vet, but im terrified, and her meows sound pretty scared, if anyone knows whats going on it'll really help.

she's around 8 years old.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would insist on getting in to the vets, she could have had a stroke, an infection, an electrolyte imbalance, almost anything. Please take her in as soon as you can. I'll send healing vibes your way, and pray for a solution to her problems. Good luck!
Please keep us posted!

bendy dennett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could she be constipated? Has she been going normally? Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have?

I am only speculating of course, but either way I would take her to the vets asap as this doesn't sound like normal behaviour. Hope all goes well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheetor117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i'm trying to get her to the vet, but they cant see her until friday, Id do anything i can for her, but i cant afford the emergency pet clinic. :(

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
is she still behaving the same way today? Has she eaten anything or been to the water bowl? Is she using her litter box?  I will stay online to see your answers and try to help you.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do think this is an e-vet situation.

I'd call your vet back and stress the urgency of the situation.  If your vet can't see her, I'd call around until you find another vet who can see her.  And then change vets. What don't they understand about the word "emergency".

And based purely on your description, I'd guess something neurological, the cause of which could be anything from a stroke to ingesting poison (toxic plant or bug for example).

cheetor117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
unfortunately i cant tell u what she is doing right now. I have to be at school, im still in highschool,  and after much debate i still was forced to go.

I feel terrible, shes all alone right now

Last edited:

cheetor117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought id add some details i left out, when she does move, she does it fine, she doesn't stumble or bump into things. She pretty much lives in me and my sisters rooms.(she pee's on the living room floor, so she has to stay in our rooms at night, our rooms are linked so she has lots of room) she seemed to have decided its easier to just stay in thoses two rooms and doesnt leave them even when the doors are open. She doesnt like to be brought out of them, and when i brought her out during the unusual activity, I put her down, and she moved with a purpouse to get back to my room, ran, didnt fall or bump into anything, and got back to my room to immedietly start doing what she was doing in the first place.    

cheetor117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted yesterday about the strange behavior in my cat.http://www.thecatsite.com/t/258791/please-help-terrified#post_3350412

When i got home from school that day, she did her usual welcome home parade around my feet, and her usual pet me meows. So i wasnt sure what was up. She's still been acting strange though. Instead of the looking around, now she's pacing, find one spot, sit there for about 38 seconds. get up find another spot, rinse repeat. she's eating at least. But she peed on my bed which she hadnt done in a long time, and she usually doesnt pee outside the litterbox unless i forget to clean it. Her hind legs were covered in pee, which makes me think she didnt even know she was doing it. but she is reacting to me, and purring and meowing when i pet her. 

Still concerned, but i really cant get her to the vet until friday.

avemaria02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Southern Indiana, United States of America
Is she spayed? Could she be in heat looking for a mate?
I am also wondering about this. It sounds like the behavior of a female cat in heat. However, the urinating problem is not something I've heard of with a spaying cat. But then again, I am definitely no expert. I also wonder if a urinary tract infection couldn't be causing issues since she's not having normal litter box behavior?