Please help? Pregnant cat

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me neither >.< and I dont have any experience in cat pregnancy and birth but what your describing to be going on now, makes me think of this saying: 'The calm before the storm'  Be prepared 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caradebellis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@Red Top Rescue   You look like you know a lot about Birth no?? Can you help me out?
My cats belly looks like its dropped.. it's hanging low at the end now. The nipples have risen a bit and look swollen, she cleans her belly only and sleeps a lot. Only caught her nesting a tiny bit 2 days ago.
I took her temp yesterday night and it was 99.0 .. This morning went up to 99.6.. I still don't see the stage 1 beginning yet. Still trying to steal my food from my hands too. 
Weird thing happened today.. She peed in my dogs food bowl! 

What do you think??

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no clue why she peed in your dog's food bowl unless her litter box was not up to her standards of cleanliness.  My only past experience with something like that when a 4-year-old peed in her sister's cereal bowl.  When asked why, she answered, "I thought it was MY cereal bowl."

If your cat's litter box was clean, have you changed brands of litter recently?  If it was clean and you have not changed brands, you might try leaving an EMPTY litter box out somewhere.  I do have cats that will pee in an empty litter box if I leave one on the floor, like when I am getting ready to fill one but have not yet done it.

As for the timing of the birth, I'm sure she will let you know.  Most cats do.  They come and get you and want you to sit by the next, or if you don't then they will have them on your bed or even your lap sometimes.  Obviously you have read the articles so you are looking for the signs, like taking her temperature under her arm, etc.  Just remember, the cat doesn't obsess about when it will be, only the humans do.  There's a Buddhist saying,"Keep calm, nothing is under control."  If you feel the need to do something, re-read the articles about birth, maybe even print them out, make a list and and gather everything you might need to have on hand into a box or something you can easily carry anywhere in the house.  I remember my first cat birth, back in the late 1960's, and she kept meowing at me to come sit by the closet, which is where her nest was.  I wanted to watch TV but she wouldn't let me, just kept coming and calling me, so I gave in, and within about half an hour she was giving birth to the first of 3 kittens.  I did end up having to helping withl the first one and was glad I had a clean washcloth to grip with (wet kittens are very slippery), and the other two popped out easily.