Please Help Our Family Cat "Twin"

Catvalles7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Twin Needs Her Tail Amputated Fast, organized by Catherine Valles

Hello my name Cat!! This is a last resort and I need to find my fellow cat lovers. You know not too many people I know are Cat people. Not only is my name Cat, but our 2 cats play a huge role is my families life. Please help, really anything helps. Twin our Cat, has a severely broken tail and infection that is spreading as the days pass. Her skin is literally unraveling from her tail. See attached pictures. I can't say what you should do, but if you have the means to help at all, I'd really appreciate it. So much. So would our 6 and 8 year old kids. Thank you in advance. PM me if you need further information.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
BE sure to post this on your Facebook page and let all your friends know about it and ask them to post on their facebook pages too.

Best of luck with raising the funds. You might call around to other Vets in your area though, because the average cost of tail amputation for cats nationwide isn't anywhere near what you have in your fundraiser. it's actually around $650. Granted, there are other expenses, like office visits, meds, etc., but seems like your quote may be high.

MyTabbyKittyCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
May I ask how this even happened? This seems really severe and seems like it didn't get this over night. I see on your gofundme you're from Texas, it's a bit of a travel where you're at but I think you should consider calling the vet in Coldspring TX, Dr. Merry is a great vet and she is very affordable and cheap. She does walk-ins and appointments but there is a bit of a wait due to people coming from all over to see her because she's more affordable. She tries to work with you on what you can afford and if I'm not mistaken you can also make payments. There is also a vet in Navasota that allows payments but they cost a lot more.