Please help not sure what's going on with cat

mika84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, 

First time cat owner. I brought my 1 year old cat to the vet last week and he has a bladder infection. He is medicated and using the bathroom regularly. Well now for the past hour he has been walking back and forth with his mouth open like he is panting. I tried giving him food and water but he will not take. He just keeps sniffing around. I just paid $500 last week on him with all the Xrays and do not have the cash to bring him in. Please someone let me know what is wrong with him.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello, 

First time cat owner. I brought my 1 year old cat to the vet last week and he has a bladder infection. He is medicated and using the bathroom regularly. Well now for the past hour he has been walking back and forth with his mouth open like he is panting. I tried giving him food and water but he will not take. He just keeps sniffing around. I just paid $500 last week on him with all the Xrays and do not have the cash to bring him in. Please someone let me know what is wrong with him.
there's really no way to diagnose your cat without seeing your vet. the "walking back and forth with his mouth open like he's panting" doesn't sound good at all. i'd be concerned that the bladder infection could be resisting the medication, getting worse. or this could be a side effect of the medication. only a vet can tell the cause of this symptom and know exactly what to do to treat it.

i'd caution you to be careful, as male cats are much more likely to become blocked -- a blockage. this is a very serious condition and can be fatal.