PLEASE HELP- newborn kittens with fleas!!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have a momma cat and 8 babies that came to me flea infested, after advice from this site I bought Advantage II on mom and it cleared them off of the kittens, also I changed the bedding after treating mom so there weren't any fleas on there.

Sorayachina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In my opinion the if the mother is there the kittens should not be touched hardly ever for the first month. They should not be washed at all. The mother will be very annoyed and ignore the kittens for days. at that age they just don’t have it in them to be ignored. I washed my cats kittens at 6 weeks and put some flea medicine on them because they had fleas so bad and so did my house. The kittens and the mom made it through but not easily. The mother ignored them and would shun them if they tried to get her attention. The kittens were super sick from it. Now I just redid the medicine because I started seeing fleas again. Ugh. It’s hard on all of them , the mom can smell it and walks away from them again . But really don’t touch the kittens for the first 4 weeks . They will die without the mothers attention.