Please Help ! New Born Kittens

King.boris555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello , so I have a 10 month old cat named Bailey . She is such an amazing cat , shy but excited of the world . VERY loving and caring for a cat . Recently , just 16 hours ago she had 4 kittens ! For the first few hours she did everything normally . Feeding , warming and cleaning her kittens . But 10 hours in shed just stop ! She doesn’t even lay on the bed next to them . She keeps meowing non stop . And follows me around . Whenever the kittens meow she’d stop what she’s doing and run to them . Look at them . And run back and start meowing all over again . She also keeps dragging one of them out of the group ! What’s going on ? Should I start to plan on feeding them myself ? Please . I need some answers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

King.boris555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve tried to lay her down next to the kittens while petting her so the kittens could feed . As soon as they start , she will get up and walk out the room ! Just a little more info if this helps

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it the same she draws out?
It so it may be some fault on it....

Or different ones each time?
She perhaps wants you to help out taking care of them.

You shall prob have them all in an enclosed room. Good if you can be there with her and kittens.

Do they seem to thrive and gaing? Weighting them every 12 hours helps much till you get safe count..,

If you need to supplement goats milk is good, otherwise some good kmr.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If she’s not nursing the kittens, you’ll need to bottle feed them. You can use either a bottle or needleless syringe (which might be easier since the kittens might be too small and weak to bite down on the bottle). Give them KMR or goat’s milk, aiming for 8 mL per 6 oz of bodyweight daily. Feed them bellyside down, head slightly elevated, like the position they would be in while nursing mom. If they struggle, you can wrap them in a towel. This article has more details: Hand Rearing Kittens: What You Need To Know To Save A Newborn's Life

You should also weigh them daily, to make sure that they are growing at an adequate rate. 10g of gain per day would be a good goal. Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives)