Please Help, Need Advice On Missing Cat

Cam22345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my cat has been missing for around two weeks but on Friday someone called and said a cat appeared at their window. My sister went round the following day and she could of sworn she seen the cat run across the road. She ran after her but she got away. My sister has been around there everyday calling her name but there has been no sign of her. Is there a chance she ran off and has continued travelling somewhere else, or do you think she is still around that area? I'm going to set a trap on Thursday when it arrives off Amazon. Where do u think she went?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Setting a trap with some smelly food is a good idea. You could try knocking on doors and show a photo to see if anyone has seen her. Put posters up in the area, posters in local shops. Cats are very independent and can travel far so try to cover a wide area where she was last seen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cam22345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah a lot of people around that area are aware now because of our posters and we've made sure that if they do see her they will call us. It just I'm a bit reluctant to set a trap round there because there are a lot of cats in that area so it will be difficult

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you able to set the trap and wait in a car for a while to see if she turns up or maybe one of the people living in the houses where she was seen check the trap. Many cats just come back home of their own accord. Good luck I hope she comes home

Cam22345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I think I will do that, im just wondering how she's surviving without food or warmth

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suspect someone is feeding her or she is pinching another cats food
Cats are very resilient.

Cam22345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is true. Is it likely she's remaining in that area, or do you think she has moved somewhere else?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's no knowing. The chances are that if she has a food source she will stay in that area

Cam22345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope she does, otherwise there little chance of me getting her again