Please help me with breed info.

mommypooh706

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this kitten in my mothers yard, she was alone, the cutest kitten I'd ever seen, my mother had been feeding her for a week or so. I decided to bring the kitten to my home and keep her. Day 3 and the kitten had passed away this morning. We are so sad. Yesterday she barely ate and when she would or even drink, she would start vomiting clear or bubbled foam. The first two nights she slept on a towel in our bathtub and we had gotten her a kitten bed yesterday, but at night she roamed over to the tub and wanted to sleep there so I put her there. This morning she was laying on the tub, not the towel dead. :( we plan to bury her today, we are just so sad. But now that my kids were just so happy to have a pet and she's gone, I'd like to adopt one, one who is just like our little Bella. I would like someone's help with telling me what breed she is. We have no idea how old she was, although she was very little, barely had her sharp teeth out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommypooh706

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's gray in color, light gray, she had white paws and some white on her face, green eyes, just beautiful, her hair was I would say medium, very fluffy and soft.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. A kitten dying is very sad, especially for children. She looked like a sweetie.

I don't think she is any particular breed, but what would be classified as a domestic short haired cat. If you went to an animal shelter like The Humane Society or Animal Friends, I'm sure you could find a similar looking kitten, or one who doesn't look anything like this kitty, but who would steal your hearts away. There are lots of kittens in the shelters right now in need of a good home--I hope you can find one to love and care for.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they vomit up white like that, it usually means a blockage or they got into something poisonous.  When kittens are that young, they still need to learn what's safe to eat, so she probably got into something before you found her.

So sorry you and your kids are going through this.  It stinks!  But your kind heart gave this little kitty a safe place to cross over.  She was blessed to have found you!

Now that you have decided you need a pet, visit your local shelter.  You will find the love of your life, just waiting for you!