please help me quick

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i set out 3 of these joint med tablets for my dogs and left for a moment, when i came back my stupid cat had eaten all 3. should he be okay or should i make him throw up
IMG_1659.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Cosequin is available for cats, but as I recall MSM is not included and the dosage, even for a large cat, is much lower than what your cat ingested. I completely agree that the vet has to be informed about this and can tell you how to proceed. MSM is used for cats, but much less frequently than it is for dogs.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MSM is contained in some cat arthritis supplements, but not Cosequin or Dasuquin. The highest dose that I have seen for a cat was in Glyco Flex Plus, which I gave Feeby, at 125mg.

But I am not sure that is the entirety to the problem, hence the reason for contacting the vet. The highest dose of glucosamine that I have seen in a cat supplement was 260mg. So, this cat ingested nearly 8 times that amount.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i set out 3 of these joint med tablets for my dogs and left for a moment, when i came back my stupid cat had eaten all 3. should he be okay or should i make him throw upView attachment 462318View attachment 462319
called the vet and they said he should be just fine because its not anything overly toxic. i gave him a little hydrogen peroxide in a panic but they said that should be okay too, he didnt throw up at all, he wasnt even phased but from the combination of all the stuff he’ll probably throw up eventually. right now im just keeping an eye on him but hes acting normal. thanks for the advice.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
called the vet and they said he should be just fine because its not anything overly toxic. i gave him a little hydrogen peroxide in a panic but they said that should be okay too, he didnt throw up at all, he wasnt even phased but from the combination of all the stuff he’ll probably throw up eventually. right now im just keeping an eye on him but hes acting normal. thanks for the advice.
MSM is contained in some cat arthritis supplements, but not Cosequin or Dasuquin. The highest dose that I have seen for a cat was in Glyco Flex Plus, which I gave Feeby, at 125mg.

But I am not sure that is the entirety to the problem, hence the reason for contacting the vet. The highest dose of glucosamine that I have seen in a cat supplement was 260mg. So, this cat ingested nearly 8 times that amount.

called the vet and they said he should be just fine because its not anything overly toxic. i gave him a little hydrogen peroxide in a panic but they said that should be okay too, he didnt throw up at all, he wasnt even phased but from the combination of all the stuff he’ll probably throw up eventually. right now im just keeping an eye on him but hes acting normal. thanks for the advice

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don’t ever give a cat hydrogen peroxide. You can cause esophageal burns. Call your vet and let them know you did this.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don’t ever give a cat hydrogen peroxide. You can cause esophageal burns. Call your vet and let them know you did this.
im aware, i told the vet and they werent very worried about it or anything. it was very diluted and he didnt swallow a whole lot. im sorry for giving him any, i feel bad but i just kinda panic did it because i was worried for him, hes napping now, hes 16 pounds so it takes alot to get to him i guess. he still hasnt vomited or anything but he probably will eventually from all the stomach upset.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! Please let us know!!
he seems to be doing just fine. no puking or diarrhea, atleast not that i’ve noticed. he happily ate his breakfast this morning so we’ll see if he accepts his dinner. he seems completely normal so im thinking he’ll be just fine
IMG_0586.jpeg

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he seems to be doing just fine. no puking or diarrhea, atleast not that i’ve noticed. he happily ate his breakfast this morning so we’ll see if he accepts his dinner. he seems completely normal so im thinking he’ll be just fineView attachment 462393
He seems quite content with himself when you're the one that needs a rest. Be Well (both of you)