Please help me get rid of fleas

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
update. After giving the cat a flea bath and comb yesterday I still found 13 fleas on her. Then, another flea comb today produced 6 more fleas. I am done. I have found a home for the cat, then know the issues and are willing to take her in and hopefully help her get rid of her fleas. Thank you for all the support but I just couldn't do it anymore.

I have felt guilty but in the long run I have no reason to. We took her in, so she didn't die, we gave her a warm home, shots and trips to the vet and now she will find her forever home.
It's great that you've found her a forever home, but getting rid of her won't fix the flea problem in your house. Your house is now, unfortunately, infested.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hms01bdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I know. But it will be easier for me to contain and treat the problem if they don't have a cat to hide on. I will clean and bomb and hopefully be done with it in a month or so

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hms01bdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I did not get rid of the cat. We decided to keep it and try some other methods. We purchased Frontline and I used the 1st dose of it on friday. I know I am not supposed to bathe it yet so i flea combed it (since I found a live flea in my baby's hair) and got 7 fleas. all of which were alive and still kicking. 

I have continued my vacuuming every day so I am hoping that I am containing that issue and that the fleas are jumping on the cat, biting her, and dying. 

If, by next weekend, she is still having a problem with fleas then I am going to give her to a nice family that has a bit more time to take care of her flea issues

I am scheduled for surgery Wednesday and I cannot keep up this cleaning regimine.