Please help me find Jasper Columbo a loving home (Alexandria, Virginia).

virginian17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jasper is a five-year-old, neutered, grey and taupe tabby cat (striped tiger) with jade green eyes. He is a wonderful little cat, and it is breaking my heart to find a new home for him. I have just moved from Minnesota to Alexandria, Virginia to care for my mother after a stroke, and we cannot keep Jasper here because of a family member with terrible allergies.

Jasper (also nicknamed "Columbo," "Paws," and "Blackbird") will do best in a quiet household with a doting owner. He lived with a german shepherd mix when he was a kitten, so he would probably do fine in a house with a dog. I am less certain about how he would do with other cats but would be willing to give it a try.

Jasper is an indoor-outdoor cat. He will not be happy if he has to stay all inside or all outside. He prefers to have access to a yard through his window cat door, which I will give you along with his carrier, toys, and litter box. The plus side of this is that he never actually uses his litter box--he prefers to go outside when given the option. Jasper is shy when you first meet him, but he is also very affectionate and climbs into my lap often to be rocked and petted.

Jasper had his rabies shots for this year but will be due for shots in January. He had an osteotomy (part of a bone removed after injury) when he was younger, but he has otherwise been very healthy.

Please let me know if you would like to meet Jasper and think you might have space in your home and heart for him. He is a wonderful kitty who will give back so much more than you give him. Also, please, please let me know if you cannot take Jasper but have some ideas about where I might post to find him the loving home he deserves. Thank you,
Patricia
Alexandria, Virginia

jenc511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Patricia,

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with a home for Jasper, but here in Alexandria (my zip code is Arlington, but I look out my window and see Alexandria - just moved from Alexandria-proper), Jasper needs to be an indoor-only cat. This is an urban area, and it's just not safe for him to be outside unless he's on a leash or in some sort of enclosure.

If he is one of the very few cats that absolutely cannot adjust to indoor life, he needs to be adopted somewhere outside of the metro area.