Please help me, Elle is missing.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Elle got out of the house last night and has been missing since 7pm (it's now 7am). I searched for her everywhere with no luck. I set up food bowls around my tent and camped outside for the night, the only cat that came for the snack was my neighbors cat.

I already put up posters all around my block with her info but I don't know what else to do. She's only 8mths old and she LOVES to run and I fear she won't come back.

We searched for her at the crack of dawn, but I don't think she would stay put I think she could be anywhere..

Guys I feel like I am dying inside can anyone help me?

What else can I do? What if she doesn't come back?

If you're wondering why she got out I was robbed last night and when the police came I made sure to lock them both up but then they came back later in the evening when I was at my parents house and my boyfriend thinks she got out when the police were over the second time. I don't care about the stuff that was stolen I can replace that, but I can't replace her.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!, thats everyones nightmare with our cats isn't it!

I've heard it mentioned many times here to leave a trail of their used litter so they can recognise the smell, and what about shaking their bag of kibbles, because my two always know that sound?!.

Have you looked in amongst bushes incase she's crouched down hiding?!

COME HOME ELLE YOUR MUMS MISSING YOU!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Susan, I have already tried the kibble idea but I am going to try the litter idea right now.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a terrible evening and night you have had. A robbery and now Elle missing. I do hope you find her soon.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when maverick went missing the trick which i think worked was leaving her dirty litter outside so she could smell her way home.

was she spayed or on heat?

if she was an inside only cat the chances are shes close by. make as many posters as you can and put them out around a three mile radius.

the best time to spot a missing cat is about 2am when its quiet and still so go and look for her then.

if you leave out dog food as well as tuna and cat food the smell lingers in the air longer and will be more likely to tempt her back.

ring around all the vets and shelters you can and leave a description or even a photo.

these are just a few things i did to get my cat back and she did come back by herself five days later.

sending you vibes and prayers that she comes home soon.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the support.

She is spayed and right now we're going house to house.

Update in a bit.

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JaneMary

Thanks for the support.

She is spayed and right now we're going house to house.

Update in a bit.
Do you have bushes or anything (where a cat can hide) near your house? When my parents cat had escaped, she was sitting in a bush right next to the house, and wouldn't answer when called.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. How frantic you must be. A double whammy in one day.

I pray that you find Elle soon.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel deeply for you. This is everyone's worse nightmare.
Keep looking & check every day with the humane society's in your area. Get outside & make a fool of yourself by calling Elle. Knock on doors all around your area & ask people to look in their back yards & garages. I cannot imagine how you must feel right now. Don't give up
Lei

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank god!

My neighbor found her in their apartment. I guess she snuck in when the police were coming in and out of our house. They DID look for her when we said she was missing but I guess she was scared and tucked away somewhere.

I just spent 2 hours going door to door and when I saw her I collapsed, I have never been so relieved in all my life. It’s a reality check when you lose an animal…they mean much more to me then any items that were stolen from my home EVER could.

I haven’t eaten in 24 hours, so I better go eat something and start cleaning up the mess the robbers left behind.

Thanks everyone for the support, this was by far the worst day of my life to date and I really appreciate the help.

Love,
Jane

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so relieved you have her back. Yes, I feared Simba had gotten out one day, and I thought I was going to lose my mind. I know how you felt. Somehow, I'll bet seeing her at your neighbors, was the most wonderful thing you've ever laid your eyes on. I know I felt that way, when I saw my Simba was safe and sound.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woooh I was reading this thread from the start wondering what the outcome would be....!

Jane, I am so glad that Miss Elle has returned home
I am sorry that you were robbed as well...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jane...This is wonderful news. I know that the robbery was the least of your worries when your sweet baby was missing. Thank God Elle is back in your loving arms. Your heart can beat again.

For this very reason, even though my kitties are indoor only, they are micro-chipped & they wear collars with ID tags.
I am thrilled for you.

Lei

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jane, I'm so happy with your outcome. When we can't find our kitties, our heart just doesn't beat right again until they are found, whereever that might be. I was absolutely frantic last year when I couldn't find my Pixie. I searched and called and yelled and cried and hollered and called until I was blue in the face. Where was she? In the guest room up in the box springs of the matress. The material had ripped, and she found a new spot to sleep........

As for being robbed, that's awful! Did they break into your house?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jane, I'm just catching up with this - what fabulous news that Elle is home and that she's safe and well. You must have been going out of your mind with worry - but now she is back with you
. I'm so sorry to hear about the robbery too. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.