Please help me choose between these 3 foods :)

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm hearing the Felidae is a good weight loss food. I'm currently feeding my cat Natural Balance which has some good stuff in it (i can't remember exactly what because i threw the bag away ages ago) but she's a little Tubby. But anyways, of the 3 you listed Nutro would be my choice as long as your cat isn't gaining too much weight on it.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I never paid attention to the cat- but mine is Felidae Chicken and Rice
, but you're right- mine eat less, and have lost a pound or so each (over the course of several months), that they needed to lose, and are maintaining a healthy weight now. I was expecting it to cost me more than the Science Diet I switched them from, but it isn't- which was a very pleasant surprise!
So, do you have to purchase Felidae online only? neither PetCo or PetSmart has it on their websites (which means probably not in their stores either...)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by miao_kitty

So, do you have to purchase Felidae online only? neither PetCo or PetSmart has it on their websites (which means probably not in their stores either...)
Felidea is at many small stores ... some feed store s...

Zoey is currently on the chn and rice

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote for Nutro and feed my cats Nutro brand, but I've been known to use lesser brands when funds are tight. Whiskas and Meow Mix are huge hits apparently.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go with the Nutro since Felidae is sometimes rejected by the cats, and it's quite expensive. My pet food dealer took the open bag back after Gizmo upended her bowl and dumped this food all over the floor. The only other brand she did this with was Newman's Own (Paul Newman's organic variety.)
I've heard of other cats rejecting Felidae as well.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Felidea is at many small stores ... some feed store s...

Zoey is currently on the chn and rice
I get mine from Pets Supplies Plus, and I had to special order the Chicken and Rice when I first started it, but now they carry it on the shelf!

I bought a 16.5 lb bag Oct. 21, have 4 cats free feeding (with a wet food treat at night), and will have to go get another bag next week probably, so about 6 weeks for 4 cats, or 5-6 months for one? Is that right?
I think it was $21 or $23 for the 16.5 bag
. I have a storage container for mine

It did take them a little while to adjust (I think the kitten food in the next room didn't help
), but they did adjust just fine- they really didn't have a choice, since one of them can't have fish
. I think mine were probably overeating trying to get all the oils and nutrients they needed (they are 13, 10, 10 and 7 yrs), but got fat on the fillers (corn, etc.). so the Felidae C&R worked out really well for us
(Thanks, TCS!
) . If you go to the Felidae/Canidae website, I think they have a list of retailers, if you want to try it. I think I just ended up going through the yellow pages- however, the C &R had just come out. Good luck with your food search! This is a great place to do it