please help me choose a cat name

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
(please see the story of my cat rescue in that area of the forum for the story).

Mama cat needs a name. (Don't know what sex kittens are yet.)

We have a tradition of giving our girls "M" names (Margaret, Mari, Jasmine-Marie). I sorta looked at some sites didn't find anything I really like. I want her to have a beautiful name, esp. as she's so skinny, kind of funny-looking, and brave. She especially deserves a wonderful name to start her already-sad life with.

I kind of like Marci (I once knew a Marcy, real name Marcelline. She was born in the 1920's to a flapper socialite mother who travelled to France, and had a glamourous life--I think it's a cool name because of the association). However, whenever I hear "Marcy", I think of the Married With Children's Marcy character, whom I dislike! (My apololgies to any Marcys/Marcis here!)

If I had a daughter, I always wanted to name her [Leah] Miriam, but I think Miriam, like Mary, means "bitter" in Hebrew, which seems sad to me.

I thought of Marcella, but I don't think it fits.

Any ideas??? Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks! Need some ideas.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know someone with a cat called Martini, she always seems like if she was human she would be a real party girl

ummm other M names

Madison
Maegan
Mia (we have a Mamma Mia at the shelter right now and named her kittens all characters from it)
Madonna
Mercedes
Misty
Missy
Mittens (if she has them)

Are you into non people names?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Madeleine (Maddy)
Mimi
Milly
Marjorie (Marjie)

You've already had Margaret, but what about variants in other languages: Margarita or Marguerite (also another name for daisy, the flower, which seems appropriate to this little lady).

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how 'bout Marissa? I have a niece named Marissa who had a rough start on life & now deals with Crohn's disease; we do our best to see that her life is great now & things are going well - our Marissa is a happy schoolgirl with courage and optimism to deal with her ongoing medical issues (tests, treatments, social dilemmas)