TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nvm he's eating now 

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He will probably be out of it a little today and maybe tomorrow. Glad to hear everything went well.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also follow guidlines to give small amounts.  He may eat alot then puke it all up and that does nothing to help him.  Give little amount make sure it stays down give more.  Anything comes up take away food a few hours and give limited water(so he does not drink the entire bowl at once) and try again

jonesy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you could try adding some Feilaway diffusers to your house too too help curb the marking problem.. After you get him fixed it should cut down alot, or hopefully all together. My cat Mikey was a feral for his 1st 6 months of life before i found him and took him in.. He marked up my entire place. Fireplace, cabnets, washer and dryer, my computer, even some of the window sills, and always the back door. Once i got him fixed, and i cleaned the entire place up, he pretty much stopped, but he would keep spraying the back door, and for some reason my computer. I could never quite get the smell out of my computer so thats probably why he kept going too it, and the back door hits where probably to ward off other animals and cats that tend to cruise through my yard during the day. 

Once i put in the feilaway plugins though hes stopped.. Hasent sprayed anything in about 5 months. 

They are a little pricey, i think one diffuser costs about $20, i had to get 3 of them for the 3 rooms Mikey spends 99% of his time in. Refills are pretty cheap though. They might help make your kitty feel more safe and secure, which will calm him down, and hopefully help make him not feel the need to mark.. 

But none of this is worth trying until you get him fixed.. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luv4u859

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welp he just peed on my bed again. This time I think it washim marking his terrority. I have a friend who has been sleeping over who hasn't been over in a while. I got in the shower, sat down on the couch to watch a movie with him and in that time he came in my room and peed on my bed in two spots.

I have a plastic covering on my bed so he didn't get to the mattress. I wiped it down with a damp cloth and dried it off. I am NO LONGER allowing him in my room anymore at all. I used to let him in at night, but I'm not anymore.

Now I have to go to the laundromat and wash my BRAND NEW comforter again for the 3rd freaking time. I am so pissed. Don't know what else to do

luv4u859

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But none of this is worth trying until you get him fixed.. 
Jus saying, if you would have read through the whole post before writing that statement above, I DID get him fixed. He was fixed on this past Thursday.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being he had already marked and also a bit older it can take up to a few weeks to work its way out.   As long as the volume of pee between marking and in litter is normal and not painful, Urinary issues are always possible sadly.  I had one cat pee on my moms bed when he was in pain.  never sprayed just sat right in the middle and peed a smal amount and avoided the litter.

Can you buy a cheap comforter or use sheets until this is over?  Not new! Either thrift or get something a friend was to dump. Or ask on criagslist.  You can always bleach something used  No sense having a new comforter on bed when there is  a known problem as all it is going to do is get you more angry when it is peed on.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG !    I just woke up this morning about 8am and I had found that 1 of my cats peed on my bed with me still in it.   (For this I blame Bella) At least she didn't pee on me. I have a shampooer with attachments to clean it. Changed the sheets,sprayed air freshener, even put some dryer sheets on the mattress. How disgusting ! My cats have never peed on our furniture. We have black leather couches.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG !    I just woke up this morning about 8am and I had found that 1 of my cats peed on my bed with me still in it.   (For this I blame Bella) At least she didn't pee on me. I have a shampooer with attachments to clean it. Changed the sheets,sprayed air freshener, even put some dryer sheets on the mattress. How disgusting ! My cats have never peed on our furniture. We have black leather couches.
Dejolane, l would take your kitty to the vet. Any changes in behaviour litter-wise usually indicate a UTI brewing, if nothing else in their life has changed. Poor girl, l hope she's okay. 

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dejolane, l would take your kitty to the vet. Any changes in behaviour litter-wise usually indicate a UTI brewing, if nothing else in their life has changed. Poor girl, l hope she's okay. 
yes I was thinking about that too. I'm calling Monday thanks for your concern. 

luv4u859

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Being he had already marked and also a bit older it can take up to a few weeks to work its way out.   As long as the volume of pee between marking and in litter is normal and not painful, Urinary issues are always possible sadly.  I had one cat pee on my moms bed when he was in pain.  never sprayed just sat right in the middle and peed a smal amount and avoided the litter.

Can you buy a cheap comforter or use sheets until this is over?  Not new! Either thrift or get something a friend was to dump. Or ask on criagslist.  You can always bleach something used  No sense having a new comforter on bed when there is  a known problem as all it is going to do is get you more angry when it is peed on.

No I can't buy another one and I won't. I am not letting him in my room anymore. I am reaching my limits here, I can not keep having him pee all over my bed. This ridiciulous. Now gotta go spend more money at the laundromat to get my sheets and comforter cleaned, which is not cheap.

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was urinary tract infection ever ruled out for OP cat? A urine sample tested? I always say anyone with pets that go on bed/couch needs plastic on them.  When my puppy was 9 weeks-4 months she would have accidents on the bed.  So much damage was prevented.  Growing up we all had the waterproof plastic backed high quality quilted ones on but really the plastic only are fine.  Great to have for car when taking a cat in too.