Please Help, Is My Cat Male Or Female?

jharrison

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just took in a stray cat, my guess a kitten since it is so small, and I want to know if it's a male or female. I tried taking it to the vet but was unable to get it seen because it was too scared. If anyone can help me decide male or female that would be great. Thanks!
(sorry if the picture isn't the greatest but it was the only one I could get, it's not exactly cooperative with rear end photos)
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a girl, I don't see any boy parts hanging down back there. :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes my opinion too. Also, the reddish places hints she is a torbie. Torbies and torties and calicos are almost alwyas girls.
Also, many females are petite, so if the cat looks as a kitten, but seems adult - its a petite female. And thus, a spaying as soon you can arrange it is wise.

Before I tell the difference is easy to see as soon they arent kittens anymore - there are sacks on boys - sometimes its not very apparent and not easy to see. It is more than once a Peter one day come forward with a couple of kittens, and become Petra instead... :)

Verry sweet, btw!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Female. She is beautiful!

Please keep her inside only, and go ahead and get her spayed.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think a girl too, but a clearer picture would be great. Not tortie though, as far as I can tell :p