PLEASE HELP I'M SO WORRIED I CAN'T STOP THINKING WHAT TO DO!!

mhbatman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, sorry for long cap title and my bad English. but I will try my best to explain my situation.

My cat Florence(2 years old) is in a very good health he eats well drinks well.

4 weeks ago I decided to adopt a kitten(2 months old)

I brought him home. separated their room for a week

they were introduced slowly

they had small fights in the beginning and some other fights from time to time

my older cat seemed like he didn't like the new kitten(he didn't like all the kittens I hosted for a temporary time before too)

but I thought he may get adjusted this time

after three weeks from bringing the new kitten:

he became very lethargic, lost appetite.

I went to the vet he said his temp is normal, he ran a blood test and said it's all fine

and he said that he looked just fine to him

so I thought he was maybe just stressed out from the new kitten

after three days from all that he returned to his old self. started to eat and drink well without any problem

now after another week, he returned to being lethargic and he lost appetite again.

I don't know if it's because of the new kitten? is he stressed out because of him?

should I give my kitten to someone else now?

I currently feed him by feeding syringe to provide his body with food and keep him hydrated, he actually became well the first time he became lethargic after I did that. but I don't want to keep going through this situation forever!!

PLEASE HELP!

I'm so worried I don't know what to do!

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite.  I am sorry to learn of your kitties not getting along and that your adult kitty seems to be sick.

TheCatSite has some great resources -- threads, at least one article, and some videos -- on proper introduction of cats to help them make the adjustment to sharing their home peaceably.

Has Florence been dewormed and vaccinated?

How much do you know of your kitten's history?  Has the kitten been dewormed and vaccinated?

Is there any chance that there are fleas on your kitties?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mhbatman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Welcome to TheCatSite.  I am sorry to learn of your kitties not getting along and that your adult kitty seems to be sick.

TheCatSite has some great resources -- threads, at least one article, and some videos -- on proper introduction of cats to help them make the adjustment to sharing their home peaceably.

Has Florence been dewormed and vaccinated?

How much do you know of your kitten's history?  Has the kitten been dewormed and vaccinated?

Is there any chance that there are fleas on your kitties?
yes, my both cats has recently examined by a vet.

and they are both vaccinated and in a good health(as the vets said)

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If a vet has cleared them (and it might be worth getting a 2nd opinion on your unwell boy) you could try some stress reducing things like feliway, lavender (the plant not the oil), catnip spray when playing. Is he interested in playing at all? A good method is to play with them for 10 to 15 minutes then serve up food, it mimics the hunt, catch eat they would experience in the wild. It's best to play with him separately from the new kitten or if you can get someone else to play with the kitten while you play with him. Make sure there are enough litter boxes in the house, 3 for 2 cats is recommended and make sure there's enough places for him to go and have time out (even a big cardboard box with a hole cut in the side he can go into with a towel inside is great). Stress can cause lethargy and lack of appetite but he sounds like maybe he's unwell?

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do they get regular application of a bug repellent (such as AdvantageMulti) to keep them free of bugs?

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

First, sorry for long cap title and my bad English. but I will try my best to explain my situation.

My cat Florence(2 years old) is in a very good health he eats well drinks well.

4 weeks ago I decided to adopt a kitten(2 months old)

I brought him home. separated their room for a week

they were introduced slowly

they had small fights in the beginning and some other fights from time to time

my older cat seemed like he didn't like the new kitten(he didn't like all the kittens I hosted for a temporary time before too)

but I thought he may get adjusted this time

after three weeks from bringing the new kitten:

he became very lethargic, lost appetite.

I went to the vet he said his temp is normal, he ran a blood test and said it's all fine

and he said that he looked just fine to him

so I thought he was maybe just stressed out from the new kitten

after three days from all that he returned to his old self. started to eat and drink well without any problem

now after another week, he returned to being lethargic and he lost appetite again.

I don't know if it's because of the new kitten? is he stressed out because of him?

should I give my kitten to someone else now?

I currently feed him by feeding syringe to provide his body with food and keep him hydrated, he actually became well the first time he became lethargic after I did that. but I don't want to keep going through this situation forever!!

PLEASE HELP!

I'm so worried I don't know what to do!
I am not convinced he is healthy.  This is unusual behavior in a kitten and suggests he is unwell.  If you separate him for a day like in the bathroom and he doesn't perk up, then i would be even more suspicious of a medical condition and i would get a second opinion.