Please help, I don't know what happened.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's probably the answer -- the collar may have snagged on something, and either the jolt or her efforts to free herself caused some internal injury, so the bleeding was almost entirely internal. They say death from internal bleeding is actually very peaceful... so I hope that's what happened.

I'm so sorry...blessings to you and to sweet Vera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow everyone, thanks for such kind thoughts. This whole thing really shook me and SO up.

To answer a few questions:

The only thing she could've gotten herself caught one was the knob on the cabinet door. However, her collar was about two feet away, on the floor.

The collar was a break-away safety collar, and it was indeed open and not secured. Maybe she did get caught, got loose and somehow did some damage inside?

She shared litterboxes with everyone else, so I can't get a sample, since I don't know which ones are hers.

Vera's going to be missed very very much, she was a gorgeous little girl with such a rough start to life, the only thing we have left of her is her son, Spunky, who is my fiance's best friend in the whole wide world.

My fiance called off of work last night, he was so shaken up. When I got home he took me and Spunky to see the grave, and we cried over it and promised her how we'd look after Spunky forever, and how she was a really great cat, and how much we already miss her and are going to miss her. I told her how I hope she found a little bookshelf in the sky to watch everyone from, and how she'll never be forgotten.

Here's a picture of Vera, our beautiful little girl: