Please Help Cat Opened Incision

Slayyrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last Friday my cat got spayed and they stitched her up and gave me an e-collar to put on her. She had the collar on every single day since and there appeared to be no problems. But tonight, I fell asleep for about 3 hours and when I woke up she some how managed to remove the cone (I don't know how), so I instantly checked her incision and it's all opened and bloody. She licked her stitches off .
Please help I don't know what to do and I'm so worried, I currently don't have money for her local vet because I spent it all on her spaying procedure. She got spayed at the humane society but I'm not sure if they'll check her up because she's not an animal from there. They said to call if any redness or signs of infection so I hope they can check her but I'm not sure until when because it's a weekend. In the meantime, what should I do? I'm literally crying I can't believe this happened .

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the site is open and bleeding she needs to see a vet asap. First phone the humane society to see if they are open, they should restitch at no costs. If they are not open then phone your vet. Explain the situation, operation site and financial situation and I'm sure he will deal with the problem. It would be a bad vet who would not help an animal in need. Please keep us updated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most vets, including the Humane Society and SPCA, will do free follow-up appointments after a spay.

And you don't really have any other choice than to bring her to the vet at this point. Go as soon as possible.

In the future, you should think about applying for CareCredit for medical expenses.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is an emergency, and they SHOULD do the follow up. PLEASE let us know how the kitten is doing!