PLEASE HELP!! CAT IS DROOLING?!?!

pumaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok so my cat is drooling! what can his mean???? please help! my vet is on holiday  grrrr and I cant get a hold of her! im so scared I have never seen this before!!! I dont know if this is the case but the day before yesterday he drank from a bucket of diluted tsp! I gave him lots of water to wash it out! he drank a whole bowl of beef broth, and has been drooling since yesterday! please help!!

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, I should start by saying I'm not all that familiar with TSP but I do believe it's an irritant. I think it's important you get your cat seen by a vet asap. Do you have any other vets in your area?

angelrockcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, drooling is a sign of teeth or mouth inflammation.  There could be an abscess or painful infection in the cat's mouth.  Google cat drooling and see.  Also, there should be an emergency animal hospital in your area, something else to google.  If not, call your vet's office and see who they recommend in their absence.

Good Luck.  

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure what TSP stands for. I did a google search and there is a cleaner with that name. If he drank a chemical cleaner you need to take him to an emergency clinic right away or another vet in your town. He may be very well be suffering from poisoning and needs to be seen by a vet right away.

Drooling can be a sign of stomach upset.

I would also not give human beef broth to cats as it is high in sodium and could actually dehydrate a cat. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you are talking about Trisodium phosphate here, then run. Don't walk to the nearest vet you can find, Your cat could be poisoned. Every minute could be crucial. Don't mean to panic you, but you really need to rule out toxicity which could damage some of your cat's organics or even worse. Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok i got a hold of the vet, he asked me if he is eating, drinking, going to the bathroom ect, and yes, he is. I told him he drank the tsp the day before yesterday, he said because it had been a while since he drank it so he said to call me if he is still drooling tommorow. I hope he will be better.  and I boiled a chunk of beef and gave the 'broth' to him, because I know that the broth from the store is high in sodium.:) thnaks

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your cat will be okay. Is he still drooling.

My cat Max started drooling on a Thursday afternoon. Instead of rushing him to the vet, I called. They said maybe he had got to hot since he lived outside. They advised me wipe him down with some cool towels. The next morning he was worse. I took him in that day. The vet did blood work which showed his kidneys were failing. They kept him all weekend, gave him fluids. None of it helped and we lost him on Monday morning. I have always wished I had rushed him to the vet's office as soon as I saw the drooling. Who knows whether it would have made a difference. I will never know, but I will always wish. In some instances, time is of the essence and can make a life or death difference. I do hope your cat will see the vet soon.

pumaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
omg dont please your scaring me :'''''''((((( i dont have any other choice than to wait till tomorrow , but i did tell them that it was a poisoning case... but you didnt know ur cats case. I hope i am doing the right thing... i dont know what id do without him :(

pumaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have good news!he was worse this morning so I rushed him to the vet, they did bloodwork and everything was good! they did an exam and it showed that he had a terrible ear infection:( And this was the reason behind his drooling. the vet says that the licking tsp had nothing to do with this and that it didnt affect him. he now gets 2 pills 2x a day along with ear drops. I am so happy that it wasent anything life threating:)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you got him to the vet and got some meds for him.  How's he feeling now?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I have good news! he was worse this morning so I rushed him to the vet, they did bloodwork and everything was good! they did an exam and it showed that he had a terrible ear infection:( And this was the reason behind his drooling. the vet says that the licking tsp had nothing to do with this and that it didnt affect him. he now gets 2 pills 2x a day along with ear drops. I am so happy that it wasent anything life threating:)
That's great news.  

pumaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hes feeling great! no drooling and back to his old self!