Please Help Cat Hid Kittens In Walls! No Way To Get To Them!

Lphillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had kittens two weeks ago and was really good with them the first week, however about a week ago she moved them early in the morning as I was getting up for work. I didn't think anything of it until I got home from work and could not find them anywhere. For a whole day I thought maybe she killed them and hid them, but now I notice her coming in and out of a hole in the basement ceiling in the laundry room next to my bedroom. The last couple of days I have been hearing meowing coming from my bedroom wall but not very often. I am worried sick about these five kittens because I am not sure whether or not she will bring them out or if they will find there way out in time. She still seems to be going in there to feed them, but from were it sounds like they are and were she is coming in and out I'm not sure she can get them back out or if she even will try. I can't cut holes in the walls not only because I'm renting, but because I am not even certain we're they are! Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Do the kittens eventually follow momma out?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If mom can get in to the kittens then they should be able to come out eventually.

However, this is worrisome because you don’t know exactly where they are or how they are doing. It is less than ideal, though probably okay the first three weeks.

Moms often move their kittens around the 3-week mark because they are ready to begin exploring.

Give it another week and let’s see what happens.

Please keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lphillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If mom can get in to the kittens then they should be able to come out eventually.

However, this is worrisome because you don’t know exactly where they are or how they are doing. It is less than ideal, though probably okay the first three weeks.

Moms often move their kittens around the 3-week mark because they are ready to begin exploring.

Give it another week and let’s see what happens.

Please keep us posted.
Thank you! It worries me because like you said I don't know how they are or if they are warm enough in there. The mom doesn't seem to be going in there often enough to keep them warm

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Where are you in the world? Maybe it's warm enough in your walls to keep the kittens warm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lphillips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update, mom brought four of the kittens out, but one fell down a hole and got stuck. Had to cut a hole in the wall to save him. He was thankfully not harmed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank goodness they are out and well!

We would love to see a picture of them! :)