Please help! Baby cat got hurt by another

Status
Not open for further replies.

toggle123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is first post and im new to adopting pets. Especially cats,
My cat 'a month old got hurt by another adult cat' found him bleed in the morning in another room. I dont know when or how the other cat get in. Anyways i took her to the vet, but the doctor didn't treated her told me her temperature is 91 which is low so he cant operate now. Then he advice us to give ors and warm milk till his temperature gets baxk to normal then he will. So i need advice from you guys here in forum who knows or got similar experience.
Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated
Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, this is first post and im new to adopting pets. Especially cats,
My cat 'a month old got hurt by another adult cat' found him bleed in the morning in another room. I dont know when or how the other cat get in. Anyways i took her to the vet, but the doctor didn't treated her told me her temperature is 91 which is low so he cant operate now. Then he advice us to give ors and warm milk till his temperature gets baxk to normal then he will. So i need advice from you guys here in forum who knows or got similar experience.
Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated
Thanks
First, you must have the kitten on a heating pad.  OR your chest.  The temp is low, as said.

What milk do you talk about?   kmr? kitten mothermilk replacement?  Goats milk?     These two is what your kitten needs - either one of them.

Cow milk isnt good.

Its correct the kitten kmr / goats milk shall be body warm, always.  You can also add some glucose sugar.  Honey or white caro syrup contains much glucose sugar.  If the kitten is weak, you can smear some thick honey water on the lips and gum, This goes direclty into the blood from the mouth, doesnt need to be digested.

The kitten si probably in a shock state, attacked, wounded, bleeding... So giving it wamth, comfort, glucose sugar, body warm kmr / goats milk (ie about 100F)

If the kitten isnt severlely wounded, the wound may perhaps heal itsself.  It seems they do on kittens.  But good you do continue to have advices from the vet.

Please continue to report.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need a heating pad of some sort to keep the kitten warn. In a pinch a heating pad you buy at the pharamcy or other store works but you need to put a folded towel over it to keep the pad (on low heat) from potentially burning the kitten.

Why does the vet need to operate? What are the injuries your kitten has? Is there another vet you can go to? An injuried cat needs some kind of treatment right away until it is in better condition to tolerate surgery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toggle123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby kitten'Oreo' couldn't survive. Took her to another vet but he gives us a hint that she may not survive. On our way back she died. I feel so bad. Can't describe much on it.
I adopted her 4 days ago and since day one she make herself in my heart. She was so adorable and friendly, i guess she is in peace now.
Thankyou members for your replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My baby kitten'Oreo' couldn't survive. Took her to another vet but he gives us a hint that she may not survive. On our way back she died. I feel so bad. Can't describe much on it.
I adopted her 4 days ago and since day one she make herself in my heart. She was so adorable and friendly, i guess she is in peace now.
Thankyou members for your replies.
Sad news.   Im feeling with you, understand your despair...  The little one got love and care from you, she knew it.  So her soul is in peace.  RIP, little one.

Im hovewer somewhat surprised by the attack by this other cat.  That isnt common!!!  They can hiss and growl, but serious attacks on a kitten? No.

There may be situations when they can harm for real, but this doesnt did sound so.

I guess the cat in question is unspayed / not neutered.  Please do it.  It should help in many ways.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this story. You tried to adopt a kitten ands were so ready to give her a wonderful life. Accidents happen, and all we can do is learn from them. AS we always do when a cat passes, I shall now close this thread, and wish you and any cats you have, all the best for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.