Please help 8 week old kitten

Space Gummi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I got my kitten, Wednesday last week. I was told she was an 8 week old munchkin but taking her to the vet they estimated 6-7 weeks, leaning on 7. She’s just little by nature.
I had taken her to the vet in the middle of the night just because she wasn’t okay. She was covered in fleas, had worms, and had an eye infection. All of which I treated.
She’s getting better but I haven’t had a kitten in so long I feel out of my depth.

our main issue I’m struggling with his that she doesn’t use the litter box. I’ve gotten several new boxes, types of litter (sand, paper pellets, and crystals for the automatic one) but she won’t use it. In fact she eats the sand.
Instead she just waits to go in any of our beds. Which. Is not pleasant to wake up to a mound of little turd snuggled up to you. I’ve tried putting her in it after each time she eats, after she goes, etc. I just feel so lost.

theres so much I don’t know.

she cries A lot? I worry she’s in painor if she just wants to play/run around the house. I wake up every hour or sobecause I get worried.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, she’s too little to be separated from her mommy and litter mates. She’s just a baby who feels insecure. It’s going to take some time but she will adjust.

Try putting her in the litter box during the day, especially before and after meals. She may even need a bottle of formula a couple times a day for the comfort of suckling. Give her time to adjust. It may take a few weeks, but she should be okay.