PLEASE HELP! 1 week & 1/2 old kitten with severe heart murmur

daneeyell27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, I was just looking for some advice or ANYTHING at this point.. my cat just had a litter of kittens a week and a half ago. one was a stillborn, and another passed away not only a few days ago. now my favorite has a severe heart murmur and congestion. i took her to the vet after i noticed her drooling and the way she was breathing and they diagnosed her and said there was nothing more they could do for her. im just so scared. it will absolutely break my heart if i find another one of them dead. anyone with experience in this? advice? thanx -- danielle

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soooo sorry things are going wrong. But if the kitten is that young and vet verifys it has a severe heart murmer there isn't a lot of hope for it. Our prayers are with you.

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the first two weeks of life are the most hazardous. Are the kittening quarters warm? The number one cause of infant death is inadequate heat. This sounds kind of like the kitten mortality complex. FIP or FeLV could be the culprit. Have you had your cat tested for FeLV at least? FIP is a lot trickier to diagnose.

I'd recommend talking to your vet about what you can do to try and prevent another kitten from dying. Keeping them warm and making sure they have proper nutrition from their queen(make sure she's eating kitten food!) are the first things to do. =( Hope everything turns out okay for your remaining kittens.. I'm sorry for your loss.