Please give my cat a good home. She lives in Ohio the area code is 43062.

pooky bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Abby (short for abbigail) caught a highly contagious cat disease around last year. Now she sneezes frequently anywhere she goes and it has gotten all over our house. We've taken her to the vet a few times and she does alot better with the medicine, but visits to the vet for her medicine are exspensive. My parents have gotten her medicine twice, but refuse to take her again assuming she won't get better. It has gotten to the point where my parents don't care if she dies and my father just wants to leave her somewhere on a farm to die or abandon her. Abby is at least 6 years old but we are not sure of her exact age because originally she was a stray my uncle took in and when he died we gave her a home. I really love her and want her to go to a good home I can't stand the thought of coming home one day and finding out my parents abandoned her somewhere in the middle of the woods. She is very fragile, small and docile, but I would not reccomend letting small children around her children often chase her. She isn't very playful but loves to play with rubberbands,catnip, milk rings, string, and occasionaly will play with a feather toy. She can also jump very high over gates, is litterbox trained, and is declawed on her front paws. Evantually she will learn to love you and guard your bedside just like she did for me. I understand the chance of finding someone to adopt her is very slim, but if you know anyone who would be willing to take her into a loving home please let me know. Let me know if there is another site I can find someone to adopt her as well. I don't want to take her to a shelter because I know there are a lot of kill shelters and I don't want her to be in a cage all day. I want her to go to a good home who won't mistreat her and will hopefully be her final home. If you have any questions about her or if you'd like to adopt her please PM me.  Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you tell us what this highly contagious disease is?  I have a cat that sneezes frequently and has a constant runny eye.  He was diagnosed with feline respiratory herpes.  It is very contagious.  He has outbreaks a few times each year, but we are able to control them with daily immune supplements and/or lysine. 

Is she sick right now?  A shelter will not be able to take her if she is currently not well. 

It is very cruel that your father wants to go and dump her.  That is animal cruelty. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pooky bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is sick right now, but I tried to see if we could get her some medicine online before we tried bee propolis and it seems to help her but she still hasn't gotten better. From what I can tell she doesn't have a runny eye but she's been sick for so long I've forgotten what disease she has I might be able to find a paper from the vet we took her to that could tell me what it was again. I know my dad can be cruel sometimes and that is why I really want to find her a good home before they try to do something like that without me knowing. We have another cat that is very young and he hasn't caught the disease abby has. We think that she might just be having more trouble because she is an older cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a real cutie!!! Absolutely adorable. I do hope that you find someone to give her a loving family. ShadowsRescue has good ideas, esp with the L-lysine. What is the medicine that you give your cat? BTW, you can look up rescue groups in your area and then see if they have a Facebook page. Sending my prayers that you get a resolution very soon. Please keep us updated, okay? Susan

pooky bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know she is adorable <3 i'll look up shadows rescue but i'm not sure what you mean by esp with the l-lysine? The medicine we give her currently is a little bit of bee propolis once a day. I read somewhere online that it might help her it does help a little but she still sneezes. So as far as  an update I haven't been able to find a paper on her last trip to the vet and I'm unsure of what her disease is called still. I've asked my mom if she could call the vet and ask about it, but she hasn't done it yet. My mother thinks she might be getting better and has gained a little weight. Abby has been especially loveable for the past 3 days as well, but she is still sneezing. However i think some love is good medicine so i've been making sure to give her extra attention when she sits by me. I don't think she will get over this disease anytime soon however. My parents still want her gone so I'm still looking for a good home for her. My dad said he would ask around at his work and see if anyone wants her. So that's better than what he wanted to do before. Abby has been falling asleep on my lap alot more too which is nice.

pooky bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh i just realized shadows rescue is an advisor i thought it was a website 

pooky bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have found a site i can surrender her to just now http://www.newlifeifs.org/#!surrender/uelma they would train her to be a service animal but i'm not sure if they'll accept her yet and i need to find out some more of her medical history before i submit

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Bravo!!! I checked out the site and was very impressed - what a great benefit for so many, both pets and people. Good work, Pooky!