Please give me something.....

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I get the bright lights and also a blind spot that generally lets me know to get my butt home before anything dumb happens! Thats the trick though, if you dont take the Maxalt the second you get your warning signals sometimes it wont work! The say you should try to keep on with you at all times just in case! I always forgot and it got in the way....

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually when I get migraines, that signals that I'm dehydrated. Drinking water can really help and it's not like it's bad for you. (Unless you started over hydrating.)
Try the warm washcloth idea too! That's helped me sometimes too. Hope you feel better! My migraines would come on so badly at times that it feels like my head's hitting a brick wall with every heartbeat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Usually when I get migraines, that signals that I'm dehydrated. Drinking water can really help and it's not like it's bad for you. (Unless you started over hydrating.)
Try the warm washcloth idea too! That's helped me sometimes too. Hope you feel better! My migraines would come on so badly at times that it feels like my head's hitting a brick wall with every heartbeat.
Yes, I couldn't bend over or when I sneeze or cough, it HURTS!!!!

I was crying this morning it hurt SO bad!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get a migraine, there is no medicine in the world that will take it away. But there are a few things I do that seem to work pretty well. You know that "icy hot" stuff that you rub on sore muscles? I put some on my forehead and the back of my neck. That eases it quite a bit, but usually I have to lay down in a dark room for awhile and sleep it off for it to go away completely.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yes, I couldn't bend over or when I sneeze or cough, it HURTS!!!!

I was crying this morning it hurt SO bad!!
Exactly! If I ever had to bend over I wouldn't bend my back, just my legs and kind of reach with my hands for whatever I needed. Gosh, I'd just avoid it all together if I could. Have your kitties noticed how you feel?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, here're my remedies, past & present.
depending on your size, take this: ibuprofen, exedrin & ketoprofen [orudis KT] ALL AT THE SAME TIME! i used to take 2-3 of each back when i weighed 300+ pounds, but i wouldn't recommend that for smaller people.
if that doesn't work, ice packs always made mine feel better, at least while the pack was on.
they make a mentholated sticky pad you can buy that helps.
i also have a 'migraine balm' i think i got online. seems to ease things a little. here's the website: n2natural health.
i also use imitrex for mine. i use the injections - the nasal spray is REALLY nasty tasting, & the pills make me throw up.
since i have lots of different types of headaches, not just migraines, i use a variety of stuff.
i also have some acupressure points that sometimes help.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
btw, imitrex injections are available by prescription to give yourself. it's a little 'auto injector' kit, very easy to use. doesn't hurt much, either. you can take them when the migraine is at its peak, & they still will work.
here're the pressure points i use: midway between the thumb & forefinger, the top of the hand - just feel around, it'll be sore-ish feeling.
there's another near the elbow, on the inside of the arm, just below the joint. it would be the upper side if you're doing your own arm. again, it'll be kinda sore when you push on it.
the wrist one is right on the bony part, inner wrist. i've never had it work very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

btw, imitrex injections are available by prescription to give yourself. it's a little 'auto injector' kit, very easy to use. doesn't hurt much, either. you can take them when the migraine is at its peak, & they still will work.
here're the pressure points i use: midway between the thumb & forefinger, the top of the hand - just feel around, it'll be sore-ish feeling.
there's another near the elbow, on the inside of the arm, just below the joint. it would be the upper side if you're doing your own arm. again, it'll be kinda sore when you push on it.
the wrist one is right on the bony part, inner wrist. i've never had it work very well.
Thank you. I read that massaging the temples helps too....

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are two pressure points that I know of that my mom taught me you can take a fine tooth comb and hold diagonally from about the center of your thumb and index finger to the bottom of your palm under your pinky....see picture...the comb should lay about like that and apply pressure for 15 minutes off and on for two hours 15 on 15 off...also if that doesnt work you can apply pressure to your thumb for about 15 minutes
like this but with a comb(sorry couldnt find one)

Mom also says to do this on the side that the headache feels the strongest if it is stronger on your right side do it there or vice a versa, if its the same on both then alternate sides.

I hope this works or you find something that does work...and I agree with everyone else...you should deffinately see a doctor!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you haven't ever had migraines before you should definitely see a doctor. With that said, here are the things I use to get rid of my migraines: Sleep!-I have found this to the absolute best thing for them!; a nice long, hot bath-in a darkened room-this helps you to relax and will help the migraine to go away; and lastly is a product that BeautiControl makes, it is called Therma Del Sol Detoxifying Bath Soak. It is an Indian Peppermint treatment. It is wonderful in a hot bath or you can just use it on a warm, damp wash cloth placed over your face. It costs $25 a bottle but it is concentrated so it will last a really long time. One cap-full will do a couple of washcloths and three to six cap-fulls will do an entire bath.
I hope that your head feels better soon!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take your fingertips and rub gently in a circular motion all over your head in small circular motions, beginning at your temples, do the same thing across the bony part slightly below your eye sockets and keep going all around your eye socket. Go up into your hairline, still with small circular motions and into your scalp. I bet you will find your scalp is tight as a drum. Still using small circular motions all over your scalp, locate the ridge at the back of your skull. This will have you in the position of having your hands holding your head. Use your thumbs to do the same circles at the bottom of that ridge and even down to the sides of your neck for a few minutes. This whole thing should take about 10 minutes. After you have done that, take small strands of hair and pull them gently. This will lessen some of the stress on your head. If your scalp is tight over your skull, you are having way too much stress in addition to everything else. This is one of those things that will not hurt if it does not help, but it usually helps me. I hope it helps you. It was taught to me by one of the best massage therapists I have ever had the pleasure having classes from.