Please ALWAYS have kennels and leashes ready

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People always chuckle when I tell them of my to-go bag. It is my greatest fear to have to evacuate all the cats and myself!

I have litter and a box in my car. I have food, water, plastic bags, newspaper, wipies, scooper, first aid kit, flashlights, emergency radio with hand crank that also charges my cell phone as well!, extra undies for me (heehee), food and water for me, copies of my bank accounts and credit cards and drivers liscense, toothbrush and paste all in a bag that sits by the door with their cages ready to go! I also have their harnesses and collars right by the door ready to go. I also have current photos of them so if they do go missing I have photos of them for people to go by.

Every 6 months I go through and make sure I have all I need. People think its kinda funny but after 9/11 and New orleans I won't take any chances.

I am so glad everyone got out alright and you are safe!! I hope some people here also take it as encouragement to get their own safety gear ready to go in case of emergency.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueandfrodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that is a great idea to have current pictures of all your pets! I think that I may have to borrow that idea!
Thank you for sharing that!