PLEAS HELP IS MY CATS SPAY INFECTED

heyysella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, if this normal ??? she has been acting weird .. from the side it is bulging.. the has been walking a little weird but i’m not sure if it’s because of the cone she is wearing, PLEASE HELP im scared for my baby— should i take her in asap or am i being an overprotective mom ???
454D46E7-5A54-49B5-8A86-43EF33C42478.png

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heyysella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also it has been a week and a half since she has gotten it !

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, if this normal ??? she has been acting weird .. from the side it is bulging.. the has been walking a little weird but i’m not sure if it’s because of the cone she is wearing, PLEASE HELP im scared for my baby— should i take her in asap or am i being an overprotective mom ???
also it has been a week and a half since she has gotten it !
Yes, I think you should take her in.
It does look like a slight infection is happening, with the greenish colour, and slight oozing yellowish, too.

They will just flush it, and give her antibiotics, ..so don't be too scared.
You caught it in time, and sometimes the spay incisions do get infected, even when wearing a cone, either from litter dust, or just laying around.

Good Luck, and please update us, when you can.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats spay got infected too. She had a reaction to the sutures (which apparently is quite common) which causes a bump but she wouldn’t leave it alone and it got infected. She ended up needed an antibiotic and in a suit for 2 weeks and it healed.